Author Topic: Everyone enjoying the new teamwork?  (Read 13976 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Everyone enjoying the new teamwork?
« Topic Start: June 18, 2014, 10:58:11 PM »
Or are *all* of the SI realms imploding due to internal strife, massive egos, and tough guys who insist on death duels every time someone crosses their eyes?  ::)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone enjoying the new teamwork?
« Reply #1: June 18, 2014, 10:59:29 PM »
Well, Taselak has the second and third of those, but not so much the first at the moment.

Taselak ftw!
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 18, 2014, 11:03:07 PM »
I got fedup about Ikalak pretty fast and created new char to Taselak. It seems nice, but not totally happy about it either. Too complicated :P But atleast not that much angry grunting to each other.

But so far i have love it. I had a bit too big hopes about Ikalak, it just was not what i expected. There was awesome roster of players but somehow everything blew up. Then when i arriwed to Sandalak, simply harmony about the rulership and common goal was enough to make me happy and stay :)

What i still wait from this island is awesome manouvres and stunts. Gotta love the masses of nobles everywhere.
~Violence is always an option!~

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 18, 2014, 11:09:08 PM »
Since Fen'Harel was a driving force behind most of the infighting in Taselak and now he is in Sandalak, expect a lot of steam. Now who gets the worse of it is yet to be seen. :P
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 18, 2014, 11:14:41 PM »
Having so many active, strong-willed players all together in the same realm can really make things crazy. It's really going to take a while for things to settle down.

What's really funny is all the players who have only played for two or three years suddenly getting more messages than ever before. "40 messages every time I log on? Stop sending so many messages, there's no way I can keep up with this!"  There were times back in '06/'07 that you'd get 40 messages within about 5 minutes of a turn change. It wasn't uncommon to get 200-300 messages a turn.

And remember that 600+ character tournament on AT? Ack! O_o
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 18, 2014, 11:21:14 PM »
Since Fen'Harel was a driving force behind most of the infighting in Taselak and now he is in Sandalak, expect a lot of steam. Now who gets the worse of it is yet to be seen. :P

Give em hell  :D
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 18, 2014, 11:23:02 PM »
Yeah, when i joined Ikalak, i was hoping to see similar strategy discussion and toying around with ideas and strategies etc. like it was Darkan times 04-06 or so... few dozen people sitting at irc and waiting turn to run, then analyzing battle reports screaming scoutings, toying around with options... clock was ticking and orders needed to get out as soon as possible.... Then orders maximun 2 hours after turn change :)

That was what i expected... got horrible flame wars IC & OOC... too much for old man like me :P

I hope Ikalak gets its pack together, there is huge potential there. Not to say others would be any worse, i just dont know others as well as i know many Ikala players.
~Violence is always an option!~

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #7: June 19, 2014, 02:37:22 AM »
Hoh-oooo don't think so highly of yourself. The reason there is so much bickering and ego cock measuring is because every nob in the game has come to the WAUGH ISLAND to prove their experience as General/Leader of a realm made them better at the game than everyone else.

Then you have those guys who are absolute bros and broesses who came here for a good time. But they aren't the ones who ran election campaigns.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Zakilevo

« Reply #8: June 19, 2014, 02:45:46 AM »
Hoh-oooo don't think so highly of yourself. The reason there is so much bickering and ego cock measuring is because every nob in the game has come to the WAUGH ISLAND to prove their experience as General/Leader of a realm made them better at the game than everyone else.

Then you have those guys who are absolute bros and broesses who came here for a good time. But they aren't the ones who ran election campaigns.

Nope not me. Wanted to try something out on the new island since I couldn't on other islands and it turned out to be a very hard thing to execute properly :o But I haven't given up!

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #9: June 19, 2014, 05:01:25 AM »
You need better marshals, that's why. You got clogged up with people wanting the position for the prestige, instead of for the flexibility.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #10: June 19, 2014, 05:13:50 AM »
You need better marshals, that's why. You got clogged up with people wanting the position for the prestige, instead of for the flexibility.

This. And a lot of other this'es, up above (especially jaune's) :p

I had assumed most of the people coming forward were those who had played Tom's other War Islands game a lot, and had something to prove as strategists. Seems not at all - they all think this is just one of the other islands.

I suspect this first war will go quickly, and then after the reset things will get back to the old style War Islands we remember.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 19, 2014, 05:14:13 AM »

Sounds to me like sadness over not getting elected :P

Zakilevo

« Reply #12: June 19, 2014, 06:00:30 AM »

Yep. The problem is I can't seem to get any better ones. Either they are too focused on their other islands, or they are just very shy. We only had 5 candidates and they all got the positions they wanted. Some of them seem to fail quite hard though. Also, some marshals don't agree with each other due to their difference in playstyle. A lot to work on...

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #13: June 19, 2014, 06:08:04 AM »
I know you at least had 6 candidates available.

Zakilevo

« Reply #14: June 19, 2014, 06:09:30 AM »
I know you at least had 6 candidates available.

Nope 5. There was a guy who said he could marshal but preferred VM.