Author Topic: Player of Atanamirs account lock.  (Read 37338 times)

Deytheur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Player of Atanamirs account lock.
« Reply #120: June 27, 2014, 11:16:30 AM »
And that shows you don't understand the situation. There are very few people 'bashing' Atanamir, just trying to explain what happened and the reason he was banned. They have clearly expressed that they believed he could be a nice guy too. You are defending him so fanatically that you can't see past anything than 'Grr the evil developers banned my friend' and are doing all you can to discredit them instead. Clinging to the fact that he reported some of the multicheaters doesn't help when you ignore the rest of the situation. Actually admit maybe he wasn't always the nicest guy to other people, which there is plenty of evidence for. What about Wolfang's post? Don't want to comment on that? He's a neutral person and as far as I know not especially friends with any of the devs and yet I was quite shocked by what he said.

m2rt

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: June 27, 2014, 12:14:33 PM »
And that shows you don't understand the situation. There are very few people 'bashing' Atanamir, just trying to explain what happened and the reason he was banned. They have clearly expressed that they believed he could be a nice guy too. You are defending him so fanatically that you can't see past anything than 'Grr the evil developers banned my friend' and are doing all you can to discredit them instead. Clinging to the fact that he reported some of the multicheaters doesn't help when you ignore the rest of the situation. Actually admit maybe he wasn't always the nicest guy to other people, which there is plenty of evidence for. What about Wolfang's post? Don't want to comment on that? He's a neutral person and as far as I know not especially friends with any of the devs and yet I was quite shocked by what he said.

Yeah. That wasnt nice at all.

We all have our opinions. I was able to vent mine and you were able to vent yours. Done. But in the end battlemaster has lost many players. And thats sad as its already too few to play with.

Menethil

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: June 27, 2014, 12:21:22 PM »
To be quite fair m2rt you simply showed how much restraint Delvin showed in the case of Alex.  For him to be that fed up with him and still not ban him from the game shows alot.  Also from his words i would like to apologise turned very quickly into 'I was right' you were wrong attitude.  Either way that really should have been a clear warning not to do anything wrong for a long time.

All of you even thinking of complaining about Delvin.  He puts alot of hours into coding, bug fixes and then also handles social contract issues and such.  He should be getting a medal and not being witchhunted by Atanamir's group of friends.  From a personal note me and Delvin didnt see eye to eye at one point but I think as a grew up and watch 18 anymore we grew to respect one another.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: June 27, 2014, 01:26:12 PM »
I'd just like to point out a few things about the bogeyman that is the multi. They aren't quite the radioactive menace people think they are. Annoying, yes. Sowers of distrust, sure. But they probably exist in roughly the same proportion as they did when the game had thousands of players. It's just easier to see them now, and their actions have an outsized impact.

Supposing that we need to spend dozens of hours every week (that's probably an accurate estimate) locating and verifying multis in order to create a healthy atmosphere is misguided. It prevents devs from working on useful things. It prevents rulers from focusing on creating international intrigue. It prevents players in the realm from interacting meaningfully. The best advice I can give is to simply ignore the idiots and then watch them get smacked down when they stand up too tall. And they always do. Nobody creates a multi net in pursuit of adequacy. They want to "win".

They can be handled IC, if you have patience and a proper team atmosphere. People understand when something seems fishy. Thalmarkin dealt with it. Others have too. The argument that the judge will get protested out is ludicrous; RE-ELECT THE JUDGE. ELECT ANOTHER JUDGE WHO WILL CONTINUE THE WORK. Complain to the Titans about all those dicks who keep protesting out Judges. The group won't last long.

So, what Alex did was commendable, but it was probably not the best use of his passion. He was hardly even the most diligent among those who regularly ferret out multis. Some of the best at that were, in fact, multis themselves once.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 01:30:01 PM by Solari »

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: June 27, 2014, 02:59:42 PM »
Just one thing: Tim doesn't need to help anyone at IRC. He does it because he like it. If he didn't help Atanamir, it was clearly because Atanamir bugged him too much.

Some people assume that if someone else does something voluntarily, after some time it becomes an obligation - and a right of those who benefit of it.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: June 27, 2014, 03:49:19 PM »
I think that everything that needs to be said here, has already been said. Everyone has had their opportunity to state their positions, and refute the positions of others. We're just going to go in circles from here on out.

I, and everyone else involved, regrets the situation that forced this action to be taken. Nevertheless, it was an action that we felt needed to be taken, and nothing new has been revealed that has convinced us otherwise.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #126: July 13, 2014, 09:38:51 AM »
Oh don't give me the email Tom look. You as well as I do is that hes not going to say anything different. He has personal interests to keep you people happy, while he has zero interest to see me happy or rather he wouldn't even care if I disappeared from this game.

Neither of this is true.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #127: July 13, 2014, 09:57:35 AM »
So far as I know only two people have ever been told "Go away, and don't ever come back".

This is correct.