Author Topic: Current revision: 5432M <---  (Read 3477 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Current revision: 5432M <---
« Topic Start: May 24, 2011, 01:44:04 PM »
I'm a bit puzzled about this. That should mean any and all things with lower numbers should be fixed, or at least the fixes are active.

And if it still bugged, then the fix doesn't work, right?

For testing islands at least, or is that the number for dwilight with bt lagging a bit? (and stable a lot)
firefox

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Current revision: 5432M <---
« Reply #1: May 24, 2011, 01:56:06 PM »
That revision number should be good for testing islands. That's both BT and Dwilight.

Stable islands are indeed farther behind. I don't think there's any easy way to determine the rev level of a stable island. All code revisions have a rev number, including new features. So if a new feature is not  moved to stable islands (like the the flagged messages), but a later bug fix *is* put on stable, then stable will be "missing" some revisions.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 24, 2011, 02:07:22 PM »
Oh, also, the rev number given on the login page is not the associated bugtracker bug number. It is a code revision level that the devs will sometimes give in the comments to a bug report when they fix the issue. Shouldn't be too much confusion now, as the current code revision is up to 5434, but bugs are up to 6068. For a while the two numbers were pretty close, and people often confused the two.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 24, 2011, 03:23:17 PM »
dev comment:
"Fixed in revision 5421."  <--- but it's not... (and i'm talking about bt.)
firefox

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 24, 2011, 03:40:34 PM »
That revision number should be good for testing islands. That's both BT and Dwilight.

Stable islands are indeed farther behind. I don't think there's any easy way to determine the rev level of a stable island. All code revisions have a rev number, including new features. So if a new feature is not  moved to stable islands (like the the flagged messages), but a later bug fix *is* put on stable, then stable will be "missing" some revisions.

No, stable is on the same revision.  That was one of the important points about moving to a full testing/stable setup rather than a testing-copied-to-stable setup.

However, occasionally we devs fix a bug in testing and forget to copy that fix to stable.  If you notice something like this, just give a shout out (here or on the bugtracker) and we'll try and get to it quickly.
dev comment:

This was the one about duchy taxes not showing up in your regional tax display (RegionTaxes.php), right?

Well, the revision in question definitely fixed something there, though it looks like it might have gotten a bit mixed up.  I wasn't the one who fixed it, though, so I'll bring it up with the other devs.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 24, 2011, 03:58:52 PM »
ok.. i think i know what the problem is.... i'll go back to bug tracker
firefox

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #6: May 24, 2011, 04:42:20 PM »
dev comment:

The display bug was indeed fixed, what you are asking for though is a more fundamental bug that calculates the knights taxes wrong.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 24, 2011, 05:59:33 PM »
you could say there were really 3 related issues in the original report. the one fixed was not really the one i thought the most important and was mentioned as a btw, so to speak. i do have a habit of lumping many related issues into the same report.

mind you.. the amount actually paid isn't wrong... it's just on those 2 screens that it's mangled.
firefox

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #8: May 25, 2011, 03:14:33 AM »
Please separate then.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.