Author Topic: An Open Letter to the BM Community  (Read 11685 times)

Ravier Nebehn

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: An Open Letter to the BM Community
« Reply #15: June 26, 2014, 06:45:45 PM »
Well I deleted my character when I felt I was too attached cause I felt I was starting to take things too personally.

Gotta say starting fresh does help a lot with that. Just delete/pause and move on to a new younger character on a different realm full of people you haven't played before.

You sure your accident hasn't scrambled your brain too? :P

But seriously, this. This! It links to another point in the Atanamir thread which is we have to stop seeing people as "the enemy". Before I played in two realms with Tony here, I saw him as "the enemy" because he was prominent as a Ruler of Sirion and as such wouldn't give him the time of day. Now I play with him in Westmoor and in Sandalak and I actually see he's a nice bloke who's trying to make things interesting.

In nearly three years of playing, the biggest thing to try and do is just jump in to new places and see where it takes you. You may find yourself pleasantly surprised. And if not.. try again! I've got one noble free at the moment and to be honest, I'm not sure where I'd put him/her. Atamara is the only island I haven't played yet (bar Colonies and that was only briefly in Outer Tilog).

Also, on the topic of being busy.. I know the feeling, though not children (my new wife and I are considering that *next* year) - I emigrated to the US to be with her this January just gone and it's taken years of planning and paperwork. And there's still at least another 3-4 to go.