Author Topic: GREAT MOMENTS... IN BATTLEMASTER HISTORY  (Read 8949 times)

Eirikr

Re: GREAT MOMENTS... IN BATTLEMASTER HISTORY
« Topic Start: June 30, 2014, 11:00:39 PM »
This moment is only so great as the side you were on, but it was a pretty big event (diluted in final effect by the ice that came after):

Lyonesse had just decided to join the fight against Darka because of a series of miscommunications (and other factors from both sides, I'm sure). We (Lyonesse) had just finally started getting ourselves together after the initial losses and had developed a pretty good plan to keep ourselves defended, using Hawthorne as basically a forward fortress... We'd sit there, jump out for a hit, jump back in if we lost or detected a big threat. Loaded Hawthorne up with militia to make a direct assault completely unfeasible.

First time we gave it a shot, we jumped out to try and stop a Darkan TO... lost the battle because we didn't quite have enough forces by the last day we had to interrupt it (figured we'd try anyway since we could still stop the TO if we lost well enough). Tried to retreat back to Hawthorne and the newly appointed Duke (no more than a few days in his seat) swapped it over to Darka. Retreated right back into all that militia and a Darkan force that was ready for the flip.

Now of course, I got injured when I essentially assaulted the city, not bothering to check a few hours before turn change (others got orders not to go there)... Before my character woke up (five days later), I assumed someone had sent an infil into the city for me. Completely blindsided by the city flip.

I guarantee that it would have been on this list before I got to posting it if the full effects had time to manifest.