Author Topic: Take overs  (Read 1818 times)

Zakilevo

Take overs
« Topic Start: September 23, 2014, 03:39:07 AM »
How about allowing enemies to collect taxes instead of you during take over.

I believe at the moment if your region is being taken over, you don't get the gold for that week - not sure if the gold gets pushed to the following week in which case you won't really be losing much.

How about allowing your enemy to collect the gold and food at a reduced rate? And maybe that rate will increase depending on how close the region is from being taken over?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Take overs
« Reply #1: September 23, 2014, 04:17:03 AM »
If you want the tax gold and food stored in the region, you loot it.

Takeovers already do enough to abrogate the region owner's control over the region, I think.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: September 23, 2014, 04:55:03 AM »
I was hoping there would be a way to get that without burning the region to the ground :o

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 23, 2014, 05:28:39 AM »
Looting for gold doesn't do all that much lasting damage, especially not compared to some of the more intense options.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 23, 2014, 07:04:23 AM »
When you control the region you gather the taxes. When you don't control it yet, you have to extort taxes by force.
Makes sense, no?