Author Topic: GREAT MOMENTS... IN BATTLEMASTER HISTORY  (Read 8767 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: GREAT MOMENTS... IN BATTLEMASTER HISTORY
« Reply #15: August 10, 2014, 07:22:47 PM »
I can't remember the exact details, but one of my favorite moments was when an assassin finally claimed the largest bounty ever put in place, and immediately lost all of the gold because they were bonds and he changed realms for protection. Someone else can fill in the full story, as I'm sure y'all know it.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 10, 2014, 08:39:43 PM »
I can't remember the exact details, but one of my favorite moments was when an assassin finally claimed the largest bounty ever put in place, and immediately lost all of the gold because they were bonds and he changed realms for protection. Someone else can fill in the full story, as I'm sure y'all know it.

A classic indeed. :)

The infil was Guy from Sirion who collected the 7k+ bounty from Evangeline, Queen of Westmoor's head, then joined Ibladesh to avoid Sirion's insane property taxes (old feature) and indeed lost all of the bounty because it was in bonds.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 10, 2014, 09:21:02 PM »
The infil was Guy from Sirion who collected the 7k+ bounty from Evangeline, Queen of Westmoor's head, then joined Ibladesh to avoid Sirion's insane property taxes (old feature) and indeed lost all of the bounty because it was in bonds.

I laughed hard at this one... masterpiece.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Zakilevo

« Reply #18: August 10, 2014, 10:54:35 PM »
Then he rage quitted right after LOL

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 11, 2014, 01:44:38 AM »
The other very worthwhile time was during the last invasion....first being part of forging an alliance to aid Enweil, then fighting umpteen battles on their behalf....we did kill a load of daimons, nearly managed to save Enweil, at the end had our whole army (no troops left for homedefense, none at all) marching for Enweils capital which was threatened by daimons....did arrive one halfday too late, still decide to attack, did not manage to beat the daimons. If we'd been one halfday earlier we'd have managed, defending their capitals walls jointly with Enweil. That was a huge disappointent....which was capped by Chenier accusing us of doing it on purpose. Go figure.

I don't really remember, but that sounds like something I'd have done. Didn't you guys like lag for one turn before entering the city in order to wait for stragglers? There's always suspicious things going on with everything Rio does. Always.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JoziGould

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 28, 2014, 01:19:00 AM »
Something recently actually made me feel all kinds of emotion at once.  My character Kori started off in Saffalore and upon its destruction joined Barca...blahhh blahh blahh 10 in game years go by.  Kori is banned for murdering Lurian peasants with his rival Chuldah.  The judge who banished Kori is protested out and forced into exile.  Kori then goes to Swordfell and again starts a massive protest against the realms judge due to being banished yet again for starting trouble with Thometheous(The Barcan judge whom banished Kori)  Erasmus is elected Suffete of Barca, Kori's ban is lifted.  Upon his return Kori contracts leprosy in the desert of silhouettes.  The Barcan Lord Justice Childerik goes idle and Kori is elected to replace him.  Now here is the interesting part.

Kori executes a Rogue named Rue whom was "The Hunchback" Chuldah's lover.  Chuldah challenges Kori to a duel, we wound each other(Imagine a hunchback and a leper dueling).  Our Suffete Erasmus tells Chuldah to cut it out and not be angry over the death of a lowly peasant.  Chuldah is offended by this and duels Erasmus.  Chuldah has the lowest possible swordsmanship and Erasmus is a skilled fighter.  Though Erasmus is killed.(Honestly Erasmus is one of the best Characters I have ever seen in battlemaster.  Yes I know there are many good ones but this one actually made me kinda sad when he died.)  Kori then duels Chuldah to avenge his fallen leader and kills the hunchback.  Kori is then elected Suffete of Barca.

All of this over a peasant.......

Of course there is much more fluff in between but for secrecy I cannot reveal the whole story.  I don't feel comfortable talking extensively about an active character.  Seriously Kori is one of the most random characters I have ever had.  I never really had high hopes for him but apparently that's what it takes haha.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 28, 2014, 01:43:41 AM »
I just had a great one.

Skarn on the colonies declares a one man war on the Assassins, and has made two trips to the Dark Citadel thus far. First trip up he wounds a royal, seriously wounds the Duke of the capital (and his relative, another region Lord). Second trip to the citadel, Skarn seriously wounds aforementioned royal (500 gold bounty), the Ruler, and the Duke of the capital again.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 28, 2014, 08:57:59 AM »
Something recently actually made me feel all kinds of emotion at once.  My character Kori started off in Saffalore and upon its destruction joined Barca...blahhh blahh blahh 10 in game years go by.  Kori is banned for murdering Lurian peasants with his rival Chuldah.  The judge who banished Kori is protested out and forced into exile.  Kori then goes to Swordfell and again starts a massive protest against the realms judge due to being banished yet again for starting trouble with Thometheous(The Barcan judge whom banished Kori)  Erasmus is elected Suffete of Barca, Kori's ban is lifted.  Upon his return Kori contracts leprosy in the desert of silhouettes.  The Barcan Lord Justice Childerik goes idle and Kori is elected to replace him.  Now here is the interesting part.

Kori executes a Rogue named Rue whom was "The Hunchback" Chuldah's lover.  Chuldah challenges Kori to a duel, we wound each other(Imagine a hunchback and a leper dueling).  Our Suffete Erasmus tells Chuldah to cut it out and not be angry over the death of a lowly peasant.  Chuldah is offended by this and duels Erasmus.  Chuldah has the lowest possible swordsmanship and Erasmus is a skilled fighter.  Though Erasmus is killed.(Honestly Erasmus is one of the best Characters I have ever seen in battlemaster.  Yes I know there are many good ones but this one actually made me kinda sad when he died.)  Kori then duels Chuldah to avenge his fallen leader and kills the hunchback.  Kori is then elected Suffete of Barca.

All of this over a peasant.......

Of course there is much more fluff in between but for secrecy I cannot reveal the whole story.  I don't feel comfortable talking extensively about an active character.  Seriously Kori is one of the most random characters I have ever had.  I never really had high hopes for him but apparently that's what it takes haha.
Ah, too bad I missed this  :P I can't believe Erasmus is dead!

I was overloaded with work (and still am).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 09:02:38 AM by Wolfang »

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: September 13, 2014, 06:37:10 AM »
I always wanted to know what will happen if equipment is destroyed. Now I'll have (read: I'll be forced) to experience that.

Ataash Fissoa Sataareth
Captain Aldric (+5)
Type:   Infantry
Strength:   26 men
Training:   67 %
Weapons/Armour:   90% / 90%
Damage:   99 %
Morale:   88 %
Cohesion:   83 %
Combat Strength:   296
Encounter Setting:   defend
Deployment Line:   rearguard
Deployment Formation:   box
Designation:   army
Last paid:   4 days ago
Provisions:   80 %
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: September 13, 2014, 07:26:59 AM »
Your men will begin to get wounded by it's own crap...
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: September 13, 2014, 08:18:09 AM »
They already get wounded and sometimes die I believe. Just don't know what will happen if it reaches 100%, maybe they'll get caught by the cops for indecent exposure! :P

EDIT: sometimes *die*, forgot to put it there.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 03:54:41 PM by Cren »
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: September 13, 2014, 03:42:13 PM »
It just stops at 99% 

Also, your men can be injured at much lower damage. I think I've seen it happen as low d mid 60's.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: September 14, 2014, 03:13:45 AM »
I'm pretty sure I reached 100% a few times. Nothing special happens, just wounded men frequently.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron