Author Topic: Tournament of the Titans  (Read 4111 times)

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Tournament of the Titans
« Topic Start: June 26, 2014, 10:10:41 PM »
    Title: Tournament of the Titans

Summary: Every so often, a game generated tournament is held.

Details: Every so often (exact timing to be determined by the devs), the game announces the "Tournament of the Titans". The frequency of such tournaments could be fixed or dynamic. I think a good trigger might be "if any game island has not had a tourney for more that one game year (turning of the seasons), then launch a Tournament of the Titans". This is a special tournament that is hosted by no one nation. The tournament takes place on a mysterious island that can only be found during the tournament season. Any character from any island can participate. The prizes are high and all possible events are held. The tourney is auto financed as no nation is hosting it.

Benefits: The soul purpose of this tournament is to bring the players of BM closer together and thus reduce the us versus them mentality that can crop up. It is meant to be a fun event and an opportunity to mingle. Of course, the prizes are something to look forward to too. Also, this automated tourney ensures that the "bring us all together" mechanism of battlemaster occurs even if few to no realms host tournaments of their own.

Possible Downsides or Exploits: I can not really think of any... Perhaps this might cause some realms to sponsor carrier tournament champions but I am not sure if this is really a negative thing.