Author Topic: Tournament of the Titans  (Read 4129 times)

Eirikr

Re: Tournament of the Titans
« Topic Start: June 27, 2014, 07:01:12 AM »
I'm pretty sure the game is not designed for intercontinental tournaments.  Logic of code aside, you have multiple versions of a name that way( e.g. This Guy, of Colonies and This Guy, of Atmara), which would suggest separate databases.  Next, you have the fact that all islands do not run the same code.  Lastly.... why?  With as much time as volunteer coders spend on bigs, code updates, and new features.  It just seems like kind of a lame project with way less payoff for the work.

As far as game generated tournaments for one island goes, it still just seems like a waste.  Unless I'm mistaken, dukes were given the ability to hold tournaments a while in the past.  Petition your realms to hold a tourny, and if the won't, find a way to empower someone who will.

I think you missed the thread where this came from, not that your points are invalid. You'll at least find the "why" in here:
http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,5897.msg131601.html#msg131601

Scroll up and down a few posts to get a bit more context than that. There's at least a dev willingness to take a look at its feasibility.