Author Topic: Tournament of the Titans  (Read 4130 times)

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament of the Titans
« Topic Start: June 27, 2014, 08:02:34 AM »
I really have no idea how challenging the coding would be or even if having a world wide tournament is practical (I am sure the dev could make anything happen if it was worth the time and effort). The idea behind it is to get players together that do not normally interact with each other. To this end, I thought it would be more likely for a character of a given character to attend if any of their characters, regardless of location, were eligible to participate.

Say I have a character on Atamara, Dwilight and the Far East when the tournament is announced. The characters on Dwilight and the Far East are in wars and hold important positions so those characters do not even consider departing. The Character on Atamara, however, is doing busy work and jumps at the opportunity. So he jumps on a mysterious dragon boat and arrives on Titan Island, home of the grandest tournament field known located in a pristine Vally surrounded by 13, 300 foot (100 meter) tall warrior statues that gaze down upon the games.

It is also possible to have one such tournament per island and that would also make it more likely that each player will have a character willing to attend. But then you end up having 5 or six small groups of players mingling instead of one big BM virtual conference. Not the worst thing in the world but one certainly sounds cooler than the other to me.

Regarding the name, I just picked it because this is a tournament hosted by the game and the only non-hostile, third party element I could think of were the Titans. They kind of represent the powers behind the game to me. Any fun name would work though. The main idea is for players to be brought together so they can get to know one another, through their characters. This is what the whole tournament mechanic was meant to do as I understand it...