Author Topic: Tournament of the Titans  (Read 4106 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament of the Titans
« Topic Start: June 27, 2014, 04:08:21 PM »
Some random thoughts:

• BattleMaster has never had any kind of official "holiday shutdown". I don't think this is likely to change. We're "holiday neutral". :)
  • I don't much care for the idea of cross-island tournaments. I don't see any particular benefit from it that would outweigh the work involved, not to mention the potential for bugs, as opposed to individual island tournaments. It pretty much breaks the boundary of even pretending to be possible. Not to mention that you'd have a lot of overlap of players sending multiple characters.
    Or toss in a (very) unique item? Besides, is it possible for the devs to code this?
    Absolutely. The ability already exists to create and bestow custom-made unique items. Witness the unique Zuma items on Dwilight that were traded for the three artifacts of Sanguis Astroism.
    And if there are hundreds of characters simultaneously, it won't be a get-together but a chaotic mess.
    Oh, yeah, it is. We once had a tournament on Atamara with over 600 characters participating. It was crazy. I don't think I even read 10% of the messages sent. It was pretty wild. But it was also fun.
  • Coming up with some kind of RP theory behind it would be important to make sure that it fits in the game.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.