Author Topic: Tournament of the Titans  (Read 4128 times)

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament of the Titans
« Topic Start: June 27, 2014, 06:25:41 PM »
  • I don't much care for the idea of cross-island tournaments. I don't see any particular benefit from it that would outweigh the work involved, not to mention the potential for bugs, as opposed to individual island tournaments. It pretty much breaks the boundary of even pretending to be possible. Not to mention that you'd have a lot of overlap of players sending multiple characters.

I can totally understand this. My lack of knowledge in programming (hobbyist only) and most especially the games code base means that I can only throw out ideas i think would be cool and let the devs decide what is worth the effort and what is not. It sounds like a global tournament would be more work than worth. Totally understood.

As far overlap of characters go, I was thinking that I would rather increase the odds of every player having a character willing to go than decrease the odds of a player having multiple characters go. Getting players who do not normally interact  much together on a somewhat regular basis is all I am aiming for and automated tournaments that are island specific might be enough to accomplish this goal. Heck,  there might be a much better way of doing this! altogether!