Author Topic: News and Rumours  (Read 1756 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
News and Rumours
« Topic Start: June 27, 2014, 10:17:48 AM »
I am currently enjoying my time in Fissoa but have no idea what other realms are like. I've heard D'Hara is very conservative and they have a vote on every smallest issue and Luria is an overcrowded nest of schemers. I have no knowledge whatsoever about other realms and Morek empire, for instance, is as good as non-existant for me, though I'm sure that there is some interesting stuff going on there too. But I don't have any hands on experience with other realms. I tried to roleplay with guys from other realms but it was a very brief and limited experience.
So far only ways for a simple knight to talk to foreigners are wars and tournaments which are quite rare.

TL;DR Read from here:
So my suggestion is to allow realm Ambassadors compile weekly newsletters that will recap some interesting developments in their kingdom, throw in some ropleplay and rumours (true or misleading) and otherwise let other realms know what's happening. It shouldn't be obligatory, but I think people like me would love this. At least on RP-heavy Dwilight.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: News and Rumours
« Reply #1: June 27, 2014, 01:59:44 PM »
It sounds like what you want is basically more newspapers, which do already exist on the Wiki, but aren't terribly well updated.

When I was ruler of Riombara on BT, I used to compile a (more or less) weekly report on the doings of the ruler channel, the advisory council, and the realm as a whole, and posted it to the realm. People loved it, but it definitely took a lot of time and effort to keep up on a regular basis.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 27, 2014, 02:15:23 PM »
I wasn't aware we had newspapers. Will check them out.

My suggestion was less about detailed reports but more about getting the feel of how other nations fare. As it is currently realms exist in nigh complete informational isolation. Knights from different realms also have little reliable means to communicate and even less incentive to do so. Which is a shame, imo.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 01, 2014, 05:34:16 AM »
Join as many guilds as you see. Join or write elders of temples you find.