Author Topic: DayZ  (Read 13406 times)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
DayZ
« Topic Start: June 27, 2014, 10:38:05 PM »
Does anyone here play DayZ? I recently bougt the standalone version, and I must say it's very interesting, and definitely the most realistic post-apocalyptic online game to date. Still quite buggy, with zombies sometimes clipping through walls and stuff like that, but I don't mind at all.

Even though I haven't made it longer than 2 hours before dying and even failed to obtain even a working gun, I get sucked into the game, creeping through bushes and houses desperate to find useful things, freezing every time I see movement or hear odd noises, feeling victorious over finding something as mundane as a pair of hiking boots, ... this is The Walking Dead minus all the tedious drama. Other survivors tend to be more dangerous than zombies, and you can literally get shot through the neck from 200 yards out out of nowhere just because you walked into someone's line of sight. The few times I've spotted other people I made very sure to run and hide. I like that being dead means just that. No revives, no getting your loot back, and death lurks around every corner. Definitely the most tense game I've played since F.E.A.R. just came out.