Author Topic: The Battle for Westmoor, Round 1  (Read 9285 times)

Deytheur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Battle for Westmoor, Round 1
« Reply #15: July 01, 2014, 11:59:10 AM »
Aw man I just got out of Perdan's prison and now I'm off to enjoy the hospitality of Fallengard.

If it's any consolation, at least your hero died in a huge battle, mine died in a battle with about 5 units in it :p

To be fair, not losing all of your major recruitment centers to the glacier helps a lot too.

So does not losing all your regions :p At least you seem to be doing better now, and still better than Perleone.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 01, 2014, 02:48:36 PM »
1700 Infantry couldn't take the walls against 800, even with 54 siege engines? I'm surprised...was the attacking Infantry of poor quality?
I think that, at least on Eponllyn's side, we had a lot of low-cohesion units. This was right after that three-round battle in Hagley, and all our units were beat to !@#$. I had an almost completely new unit. It retreated after losing only 20 of its 81 men, despite a 75% retreat setting. I bet others had the same experience, given how much CS we still had when the battle was over, despite nearly our entire army being scattered/retreated. The siege engines did help, though. We had quite a few units able to gain and hold the walls starting right from the beginning. (Or maybe the second attempt. I can't remember.)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ravier Nebehn

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 02, 2014, 06:53:28 AM »
So, yeah.. bit of a Davros moment there (for anyone who watches Doctor Who).

Davros furiously refuses the Doctor's offer to take him to safety, accusing him of being responsible for the destruction, screaming: "Never forget, Doctor, you did this! I name you forever: You are the Destroyer of Worlds!", having previously taunted the Doctor for turning his companions into killers and having caused the deaths of countless people out of comparison to himself. Thus the Doctor is forced to leave Davros to his fate as the Crucible self-destructs.

Except instead of "Worlds" it's "Realms".

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 03, 2014, 07:03:58 AM »
Erik is critically wounded after the assassination and Dürion was wounded now in Troyes... by the hell.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: July 03, 2014, 08:03:43 PM »
Nigel de la Fere gets deported, and Carl de la Fere gets arrested after a botched assassination attempt. Bad day to be a de la Fere.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 03, 2014, 09:09:00 PM »
and Carl de la Fere gets arrested after a botched assassination attempt.

Well, the attempt wasn't botched, just the escape.... and speaking of escape, he's out already.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: July 03, 2014, 10:34:41 PM »
1700 Infantry couldn't take the walls against 800, even with 54 siege engines? I'm surprised...was the attacking Infantry of poor quality?

Total combat strengths: 33903 vs. 22695

But still they won  the battle, on my young days you had to have 3 times the CS of the deffending forces to win a level 5 (Fortress), and yess with lot of Siege engines.

Ask for the battle of Barad Falas and the 5 Heroes that died that day.

Too bad i missed it, too busy lately, well off i go until next week.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:37:27 PM by Sonya »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: July 03, 2014, 10:53:19 PM »
Well, the attempt wasn't botched, just the escape.... and speaking of escape, he's out already.
Mrh? You must be thinking of a different attempt, or a different assassin.  About two hours after Nigel was deported, Carl got caught trying to attack my character, Garin, King of Eponllyn. My guards nabbed him before he made it to me, and he's still in prison. He won't be able to even attempt to escape until after the next turn change.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: July 03, 2014, 11:39:56 PM »
Mrh? You must be thinking of a different attempt, or a different assassin.  About two hours after Nigel was deported, Carl got caught trying to attack my character, Garin, King of Eponllyn. My guards nabbed him before he made it to me, and he's still in prison. He won't be able to even attempt to escape until after the next turn change.

Oh, when was that? Today? He was in a Sirion prison until this morning. He was arrested right after the original battle for successfully wounding Erik Eyolf.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Mac Tir

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: July 04, 2014, 12:33:25 AM »
And then was immediately arrested again after trying to assassinate Indirik's character this morning I believe.

Sabotage!   (5 hours, 7 minutes ago)
message to everyone in Westmoor
Garin Indirik's guards, in Westmoor, have captured Carl De La Fere, an infiltrator working for Perdan while he was sneaking around the camp of Sir Garin Indirik, King of Eponllyn, Royal of Eponllyn conspicuously, with a poisoned dagger under his cloak.

For being dead, Loghain sure is still getting a ton of messages

Ravier Nebehn

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: July 04, 2014, 07:06:17 AM »
Damn it! Hagley revolted at the turn change, so now Ravier has to go to Greatbridge instead. Should have gone straight to Oligarch, methinks.  :-[

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #26: July 04, 2014, 08:23:50 AM »
Nope they were good. Just that assaulting a city is always a difficult task.
The quality of the troops is very important. Of course having participated in many sieges as an Arcaean  I can say we've been spoilt. We've managed to take cities with almost 1-1 rations of CS.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #27: July 04, 2014, 12:57:00 PM »
An interesting (to me) perspective on all this:

Fert is happily preaching away in the next region, only vaguely aware that there's a war going on somewhere near by...