Author Topic: A little doubt about lordship  (Read 2799 times)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
A little doubt about lordship
« Topic Start: July 05, 2014, 10:53:54 PM »
Erik is Duke of Avamar. Since he married Lady Serria and appointed her Margravine of Avamar, he's not a Lord anymore, nor he have estates. I believe he cannot take estates until take a Lordship (since he cannot serve under a Lord being his Duke), but he can be Lord of regions outside his Duchy or just in Avamar?

Thanks in advance. Just wondering the hierarchical mess. Also, he's Royal - i don't know if it matters, but well, the mess would be more interesting. I don't believe he can serve another Duke, but... just checking.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: A little doubt about lordship
« Reply #1: July 05, 2014, 10:58:05 PM »
No mess—that's the whole point of the most recent (not very recent) changes to the hierarchy system :)

A Duke may be a Lord of any region in his Duchy. A Lord may hold an estate in his region. A Duke without a Lordship may not hold any estate.

No man may serve two masters, and no man may serve a master who is otherwise lower than him in the hierarchy.

Being a Royal doesn't change the hierarchy picture; it just means he can't be banned.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 05, 2014, 11:57:17 PM »
but he can be Lord of regions outside his Duchy or just in Avamar?

He can enter elections for regions currently outside of his duchy. If he wins, the region will automatically switch to Avamar.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 06, 2014, 07:07:26 PM »
If he wins, the region will automatically switch to Avamar.

Really!? Wow... that's insane. Not something abusive!?
Serpentis again!

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 07, 2014, 04:49:54 AM »
He can enter elections for regions currently outside of his duchy. If he wins, the region will automatically switch to Avamar.
Is it the only way for a region to switch to another duchy within the same kingdom?

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 07, 2014, 05:48:29 AM »
Is it the only way for a region to switch to another duchy within the same kingdom?

Absolutely not, region Lords can switch duchies at will.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 07, 2014, 05:12:43 PM »
Indeed.  On BT I had a character accidentally click into a different duchy of the same realm, and then back on the same day.  I think he had just switched to the intended duchy a day or two before, upon its creation.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 07, 2014, 05:54:55 PM »
It seems a easy way to steal regions from another duchies and turn Sirion into Avamar... lol.
Serpentis again!