Author Topic: The "Advertise Your Realm" thread.  (Read 5159 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
The "Advertise Your Realm" thread.
« Topic Start: November 23, 2014, 10:24:25 AM »
Rumour has it that Beluaterra currently has the most conflict and intrigue. Due to character creation restrictions, I will not reach BT until a few weeks from now and thought I might as well use the time to get acquainted with the continent a bit.
Please tell me why I (and other players) should (or should not) join your realm once I arrive!

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
Re: The "Advertise Your Realm" thread.
« Reply #1: November 23, 2014, 01:00:07 PM »
Join Ar Agyr!
Small, but powerfull and brave realm, born to war. Fighting against over half of the continent.

It is not very talkactive atm. but army works well and more people means more talk. We are about to grow some and could really use new members.

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 23, 2014, 03:01:59 PM »
I hear Riombara has a promotion going: The next nine nobles that join get a free region command, as fast as they can run an election! ;p
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 23, 2014, 03:49:12 PM »
Join Caelum, it's the only realm that's not at war, but is now pack-filled with nobles who thrist for war.

What better way to improve the whole than to reform the lesser element?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 24, 2014, 11:28:43 AM »
I hear Riombara has a promotion going: The next nine nobles that join get a free region command, as fast as they can run an election! ;p

In all fariness, this should go for most realms since 4/10 realms have more regions than nobles, and even Thalmarkin with one of the highest ratio nobles/region we have currently (and quite constantly) 4 regions without lords.

But yeah, BT definintely seems like the continent to join, whichever realm it is! Wars in all realms except one, and tons of chances for promotions all around. And soon there will be a whole "new" area needing population! :p
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 25, 2014, 08:19:55 PM »
Join Melhed - we're the underdogs currently being battered around by Ar Agyr and Thalmarkin but we're the only surviving original realm on the continent and so we're steeped in history, culture and we're still determined to win no matter what's thrown at us.

Also, Thalmarkin is trying to set itself up to be overlord of the entire continent so if you join us you'll literally be fighting against the evil empire :p

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 26, 2014, 11:05:35 AM »
Join the Evil Empire! Rally behind Fingolfin, King of Kings and unite the continent against the ever-looming Invasion threat!
Destroy the treacherous Melites. Wipe them off the map! Batter them around!

Anyway, right now the situation is this:
Fingolfin, King of Thalmarkin has declared himself King of Kings, based on the several Invasions where he led Thalmarkin uncompromisingly against all Invaders. The 4th Invasion was so set up as to entice realms into allying with different Invader factions, Thalmarkin didn't do so and was reduced to only Unger, yet survived and thrived. The 5th Invasion saw Fingolfin taunting Overlord, luring him into targeting Thalmarkin lands so as to combine human armies to defeat and kill him. With success. So, Thalmarkin claims leadership from a position of strength, inscrutability and experience.

On Thalmarkin's side stand Old Grehk and Ar Agyr.
The other side contains Riombara, Nothoi, IVF, Fronen and Melhed.
The goal for Thalmarkin remains to unite these realms under one ruler in the case of an Invasion. With the exception of Melhed which has betrayed Thalmarkin on multiple occasions and with high frequency, therefore they are considered to be too untrustworthy to survive.
Riombara and IVF are not at war with Old Grehk, only with Thalmarkin and Ar Agyr. Nothoi and Fronen war Old Grehk as well.
Spearhold has temporarily joined Thalmarkin to destroy Melhed but before joined the coalition in the fight against Thalmarkin, not to contend the claim of Fingolfin, they have already accepted this, but to test Thalmarkin's strength. They intend to join the coalition again after Melhed's dead.
Fronen and Old Grehk are also fighting their own border war underneath the grander scheme.
Caelum is neutral.

This is just a little sketch of course but accurate enough I believe.
Basically, pick a side and join whichever realm you wish. I'd try to relentlessly sway you to join Thalmarkin but we've already got the most nobles, other realms probably need you more to liven up things, this however does include realms on Thalmarkin's side. ;)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 26, 2014, 11:06:16 AM »
Didn't mean to post anything else but I haven't found how to remove a post so here it is... the most unrelated, unnecessary post on the forum.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:08:09 AM by Lorgan »

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 26, 2014, 07:21:10 PM »
Old Grehk is still alive? Nice. I played there years ago around the time when Neo Grehk split off.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 26, 2014, 07:56:42 PM »
Old Grehk is still alive? Nice. I played there years ago around the time when Neo Grehk split off.

You were? Remember the character name? I was ruler of OG back then (though I resigned shortly after).
OG was in a pickle for a while after that secession, fighting with NG, Sint and their daimons but they buddied up to Sint which saw them survive till after the last Invasion when Sint was finally taken down, with OG's help.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 26, 2014, 08:02:43 PM »
You were? Remember the character name? I was ruler of OG back then (though I resigned shortly after).
OG was in a pickle for a while after that secession, fighting with NG, Sint and their daimons but they buddied up to Sint which saw them survive till after the last Invasion when Sint was finally taken down, with OG's help.

Still seems to me like Sint just changed names, nothing more.  ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: November 26, 2014, 08:42:48 PM »
Jasper and Xaia iirc, I forget the family name as it was silly (I was like 15 or 16 I think when I found BM).
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.