Author Topic: Abused of surrender mechanic  (Read 8491 times)

NireusD.Natalle

• Noble Lord
  • Conan must truly be Conan The Destroyer..
    • View Profile
Abused of surrender mechanic
« Topic Start: July 09, 2014, 10:29:59 AM »
Region Leaves Realm   (12 hours, 10 minutes ago)
    message to all nobles of Fronen
    Loki Erickson has changed the allegiance of Tor to the duchy of the Western Front, a part of the realm of Old Grehk. He and his knights and their units have left your realm.
    [protest options]

Region Changes Allegiance   (12 hours, 10 minutes ago)
    message to Everyone on Beluaterra
    Tor has changed its allegiance to the realm of Old Grehk. The region used to belong to Fronen.

Region Surrenders to Takeover   (12 hours, 18 minutes ago)
    message to all nobles of Fronen
    Seeing the wisdom in surrendering to your takeover, Loki Erickson has surrendered Tor to the duchy of Vur Hagin, a part of your realm. The region used to be a part of Old Grehk.
    Together with the lord, the following knights joined your realm: Loki Erickson.
    [protest options]

Region Surrenders to Takeover   (12 hours, 18 minutes ago)
    message to Everyone on Beluaterra
    Tor has surrendered to the realm of Fronen after Fronen started a takeover of the region. The region used to belong to Old Grehk.

Regional Events in Tor   (4 hours, 41 minutes ago)
    message to everyone in Tor
    The takeover is still proceeding.
    The locals don't seem to fear Fronen as much as before now.
    The peasants seem somewhat more sympathetic towards Fronen.
    Fronen now has completed about 86% of the required progress for a successful sympathy takeover.

The player in question abused the surrender mechanic to transfer the region to Fronen so that the TO ends. Moments later he transfers it back to OG thus using this to specifically cause our TO to end. Now we have to start the TO from the beginning. This is specifically against the fair play rule of the social contract and we have suffered a significant loss of both time and effort due to this player. I'll be here if you need anymore information and waiting for your verdict.

I've contacted the titans so please don't double report unless it is absolutely necessary. Lets see what they'll do!

Out-of-Character from Elicia Windblack
Message sent to everyone in your realm (15 recipients)

My report have been rejected so can anyone else try to report the player of Loki Erickson? I don't want to get punished myself for bugging the Titans multiple times over the same issue.

Any explanation?
Nireus D.Natalle (East Island), Arianna Sherry (Beluaterra), Calista Syrenne (Dwilight), Charlotte Ava (Sunken Vur Hagin)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Abused of surrender mechanic
« Reply #1: July 09, 2014, 02:03:32 PM »
The Titans are presently investigating the report. Windblack's report was rejected in error; the Titans only intended to send a message to the player.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 09, 2014, 06:48:32 PM »
The Titans are presently investigating the report. Windblack's report was rejected in error; the Titans only intended to send a message to the player.

Thanks a lot! I was really surprised when I saw the report have been rejected and that I have threatened the player. I have only informed the rulers and my ream mates that I have reported this to the Titans. I also asked Indirik beforehand if reporting a suspected player to the Titans is cool or not.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 09, 2014, 07:10:35 PM »
Regarding Titans reports:

Don't threaten to report people to the Titans. Either report them, or don't report them.

If you do report them, then send the report and let the issue drop. Saying things like: "I am reporting you/them" or "I have reported you/them" are usually considered bad form. You're basically telling everyone that you think that person is a cheater/abuser. That kind of breaks the "no accusations" rule.

I'm not saying you did any of these things. Just providing some general observations.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 09, 2014, 08:39:49 PM »
Regarding Titans reports:

Don't threaten to report people to the Titans. Either report them, or don't report them.

If you do report them, then send the report and let the issue drop. Saying things like: "I am reporting you/them" or "I have reported you/them" are usually considered bad form. You're basically telling everyone that you think that person is a cheater/abuser. That kind of breaks the "no accusations" rule.

I'm not saying you did any of these things. Just providing some general observations.

Hmmm... So that is where I made the mistake. I'll keep that in mind if I've to report anything in future. :)
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 09, 2014, 09:30:53 PM »

Well it was done, quite expressively. I would however say that much worse than so, is the:

"My report have been rejected so can anyone else try to report the player of Loki Erickson? I don't want to get punished myself for bugging the Titans multiple times over the same issue."

While talking about reporting someone to the titans is bad, requesting that others do it ought to be much worse.
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 09, 2014, 09:38:54 PM »
So, if you think that's against the rules, report it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 10, 2014, 07:49:25 AM »
Well it was done, quite expressively. I would however say that much worse than so, is the:

"My report have been rejected so can anyone else try to report the player of Loki Erickson? I don't want to get punished myself for bugging the Titans multiple times over the same issue."

While talking about reporting someone to the titans is bad, requesting that others do it ought to be much worse.

This letter was sent to the nobles of Fronen since many were in the favour of reporting the player to the Titans. Since it affected my entire realm and as the ruler it is my responsibility to report something suspicious. Since it is a realm wide issue, my realm mates should have a say in that matter.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 10, 2014, 09:06:14 AM »
This letter was sent to the nobles of Fronen since many were in the favour of reporting the player to the Titans. Since it affected my entire realm and as the ruler it is my responsibility to report something suspicious. Since it is a realm wide issue, my realm mates should have a say in that matter.

That's not really how it works either. Don't gather a lynch mob, just report directly to the Titans.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 11, 2014, 09:58:27 PM »
That's not really how it works either. Don't gather a lynch mob, just report directly to the Titans.
Exactly, and if the rest of the realm agreed, they would be sending their own reports without him telling them to.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 18, 2014, 08:46:25 AM »
Since I haven't heard anything from the Titans yet, can you please let me know what is the stance in this matter? Thank you!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 18, 2014, 01:23:47 PM »
Since I haven't heard anything from the Titans yet, can you please let me know what is the stance in this matter? Thank you!

Bug exploit. Fixed now.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 18, 2014, 03:29:34 PM »
Bug exploit. Fixed now.

So, won't the player get punished or the region gets taken or something? Just like that? Hmmm. I actually saw it used frequently in a lot of other continent, mostly they just switched to the realm taking over or their ally. It has happened in the war island, the far east etc, but we all thought that's part of the strategy.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 18, 2014, 03:42:01 PM »
So, won't the player get punished or the region gets taken or something? Just like that? Hmmm. I actually saw it used frequently in a lot of other continent, mostly they just switched to the realm taking over or their ally. It has happened in the war island, the far east etc, but we all thought that's part of the strategy.

There is still a Titan case open, I believe.
Timothy Collett

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 18, 2014, 03:46:08 PM »

Switching to the realm currently taking over is ok, it's called surrendering. It's the immediate switching back and forth which was an issue.
After all it's a roleplaying game.