Author Topic: Kudos thread  (Read 9387 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Kudos thread
« Topic Start: July 10, 2014, 04:54:25 AM »
This thread is for sharing all the great experiences you're having on SI.
Despite being a clear underdog now, I'm having a blast in Ikalak and here's a shout-out for all the folks who made this possible.

First of all, major props to Taselak and Sandalak for maintaining the spirit of sportsmanship and allowing Ikalak a second chance. I'm enjoying RP correspondence with my Taselak counterparts immensely.

Secondly, kudos to my realm-mates who didn't defect and keep fighting with honour and determination. The drama is gone and the fun is back.  :)

Jens Namtrah

Re: Kudos thread
« Reply #1: July 10, 2014, 05:01:33 AM »
Who said we're giving you a second chance?

You just don't have enough troops left to bother fighting right now...  ::)

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 10, 2014, 05:15:45 AM »
Kudos to all generals. I'm not sure how you can tolerate it.

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 10, 2014, 06:04:30 PM »
I have the exact same sentiment. Kudos to those who made the decision in Taselak and Sandalak. The players in all the other continents should learn from this. Why destroy a realm when you can let them live and having much more conflict in the future? That is what make this game fun!

Regardless if Ikalak survives or not(which one shouldn't care too much in this game), but it is such a decision that creates the most RP chances and scenarios in the future!

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #4: July 10, 2014, 06:37:58 PM »
Kudos to all generals. I'm not sure how you can tolerate it.
Thanks.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 10, 2014, 09:26:03 PM »
Moderator note: I removed some of the cruft from this thread. If you want to argue about who did what to whom and who's fault that was, go find another thread.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 11, 2014, 03:20:30 AM »
Seriously, kudos to all the military hierarchy in all the realm. You newer folks don't remember what all of BM used to be like, with big armies moving under the orders of pretty well-structured military elites with really sophisticated strategies. I haven't gotten to feel this much part of just a good 'ole fashion war in a long time, and my character isn't even a significant part of the military hierarchy.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #7: July 11, 2014, 03:57:44 AM »
Bring back the South-East island as well!

Or wait - start another war on your own!

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #8: July 11, 2014, 07:19:36 AM »
Seriously, kudos to all the military hierarchy in all the realm. You newer folks don't remember what all of BM used to be like, with big armies moving under the orders of pretty well-structured military elites with really sophisticated strategies. I haven't gotten to feel this much part of just a good 'ole fashion war in a long time, and my character isn't even a significant part of the military hierarchy.
It used to be a lot more focused on troop movements. The way governments and realms were structured made it almost a completely top down system, so you had a lot of room to be a military machine. The transferal of power across and downwards made things a bit different. A lot of realms were almost armies in themselves, run by a single person who issued every order and got everyone to the place they needed to be. It was good in some ways, but I do like BM as it is now. Gives a lot more for individual nobles to do within the hierarchy of the realm.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 11, 2014, 02:47:58 PM »
A lot of realms were almost armies in themselves, run by a single person who issued every order and got everyone to the place they needed to be.
In my experience, the armies were not usually run by a single player, but by a council. Typically anywhere from 10 to 20 characters would debate orders, and then issue a common set of orders to the entire realm. That was back when we had duchy armies (or battlegroups for you fossils), that pretty much no one used. That, and the communist tax systems, made for some killer war machines.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 11, 2014, 06:06:54 PM »
Battlegroups were so linked to timezones I suppose they would be completely outlawed in modern day Battlemaster.

And Kudos to Zakky, player of Mighty Kurlock, for giving Ikalak another chance and not really giving a flying poop in the process.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #11: July 11, 2014, 06:11:15 PM »
Battlegroups were so linked to timezones I suppose they would be completely outlawed in modern day Battlemaster.

And Kudos to Zakky, player of Mighty Kurlock, for giving Ikalak another chance and not really giving a flying poop in the process.
That implies he's actually giving Ikalak a chance and didn't pull his forces back because he didn't have much other choice.

Oh hell, but both realms are actually giving Ikalak more of a berth than they otherwise would just so they can recover from all the internal crap.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 11, 2014, 09:37:49 PM »
Kudos to that guy who built that tournament grounds in Ikalak city.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 12, 2014, 12:07:18 AM »
Kudos to that guy who built that tournament grounds in Ikalak city.

Hahaha, best BM-related giggle I had in a while

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 13, 2014, 07:02:25 PM »
The main reason we have to let Ikalak live is that if it's destroyed then most of its nobles might go to Taselak - better to give them just enough to survive while we ensure they can never threaten us again than to see that happen.