Author Topic: Kudos thread  (Read 9285 times)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
Re: Kudos thread
« Reply #15: July 14, 2014, 04:22:19 AM »
Sandalak by no means needed to pull back, but it was extremely sporting of them to do so. I give a lot of kudos to Zakky and his minions, I never would have done something like that. Even if it meant risking temporary overextension, I would have gone for the killing blow. The opportunity was too open to pass up. This way gives a lot more people a lot more fun for much more time, so again:

Kudos!

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 16, 2014, 05:01:18 AM »
Battlegroups were so linked to timezones I suppose they would be completely outlawed in modern day Battlemaster.

mm very true we were so focused on warfare back then weren't we. We were told jump and we asked how high.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 16, 2014, 03:51:51 PM »
Kudos to that guy who built that tournament grounds in Ikalak city.

That was me.  I asked the realm for donations to build it so we could throw a tournament and  the winner would have become lord of Ikalak city.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 18, 2014, 01:07:09 AM »

That was me.  I asked the realm for donations to build it so we could throw a tournament and  the winner would have become lord of Ikalak city.

lol.

You would.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: July 20, 2014, 10:24:04 AM »

You do know it is WAR Island, right? Not ridiculous investment island?

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 20, 2014, 02:58:57 PM »
So if a foreigner won, he'd be made Lord?

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: July 20, 2014, 05:04:08 PM »
I'd say that tournament grounds will come in handy when a winner is certain but before the reset (end-game party!)....but damn to see gold squandered when you only had 30 pieces to rub together was frustrating. That, among other things, led me to stick with Sandalak when Korlok flipped.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: July 22, 2014, 01:48:33 PM »
You do know it is WAR Island, right? Not ridiculous investment island?

Well, war islands need losers, and inefficient usage of resources can be a good cause for defeat. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron