Author Topic: A different view about the surrender terms  (Read 7803 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
If you're going to come to the forums and toss around wild accusations, Bofeng, at least do us the courtesy of not misrepresenting the truth, leaving out inconvenient facts or just blatantly lying.

Well, puppet Stephanie never properly communicated the terms with the council, and Zonasa stole two regions from Cathay from the first day of the new leadership. No one gave us any chance but they still blame us as warmongers.

Your ruler surrendered with terms she obviously felt she could agree to. Immediately two of your lords defected or seceded (co-incidentally the two who would be required to give up territory under the treaty - I'm sure greed and selfishness played no role in their actions at all) and the rest of you rebelled with the stated purpose of repudiating the terms made. The ruler you rebelled against defected with her territory and without a word you then declared war on Zonasa. And you're apparently shocked that the Empire responded to defend her? I didn't notice you declaring war on Kindara or Sun'Sera, even though they took territory from you as well. In fact, 75% of the regions you have lost this war were taken by your allies or your own nobles. But apparently that's somehow our fault.

Now the terms again. As I said in Bofeng’s letter to Velax, if Arcaea was serious in thinking of taking in Cathay into the Empire, why should we cede Ansopen, a rich region that we firmly controlled at that moment? Does it really matter if it’s in Cathay or Zonasa? We already lost the Duchy of Colosan and Duchy of Haul, and the war. What’s the point in further crippling a realm that is not bordering Arcaea? If the terms do not require Cathay to join the Empire, that’s a different story. Keep in mind that what Velax is trying to do is to ask many nobles families to swear loyalty to him. If he wants these 20+ noble families along with more in Kindara to swear loyalty to him, he has to demonstrate that he is a fair, just ruler with enough political wisdom to lead them. But he can’t deliver. He can’t even understand why so many nobles are so foolish in continuing the losing war. Now who should we blame?

Yourself. This entire little rant is apparently about not wanting to give up Ansopen, yet you leave out the fact that we specifically told you, twice, that we were willing to negotiate on Ansopen. You ignore that and, again, that's apparently our fault. And we said you could have Taop back, a region taken from you by your ally. So these terms could actually have seen Cathay larger than it currently is. But no, we're the horrible unreasonable ones just trying to break poor little innocent Cathay.

I feel that bears repeating. If you had been willing to negotiate properly, Cathay could have ended up with more territory than it has now. But you'd rather piss and moan and complain about how poorly you've been treated. You've only yourselves to blame for that. So please work harder, Bofeng and the Marshals of Cathay.