Author Topic: Someone please explain the concept of War Island  (Read 7689 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
In game, everyone was telling him to do the opposite.
Yeah, see, that's just not true.

From a vague perusal of the Sons of the Wyvern and Griffin group, I can name at least three players, without even spending more than two minutes at it, who were in complete support of the decision. (And since the decision was announced, maybe two people objected, while *every other message* about it was full, unqualified support.)

And not only that, your character wasn't especially vociferous about wiping them out. Something about keeping them as puppets to fight taselak? In fact, I don't see a single objection from you about letting Ikalak live. You were even helping to iron out the terms of the agreement to keep them alive.

Not a single real objection from you during this entire affair, until we get an OOC drama-queen grandstand about how Kurlock's player is OOC manipulating the game with his IRC clan buddies.

I'm pissed off at a player who did a major OOC manipulation of the game to fix something he personally felt was wrong without asking anyone else in the realm.
Yeah, he did ask. He asked IC what we should do. And you darned well know that we *couldn't* have finished off Ikalak simply because we didn't have the troops to do it. Sure, we sacked the city. But we didn't have the forces to take it.

Not only that, but trying to do it would have been stupid. Leave them alive, and they owe us, big time. We even get sympathy points IC for doing it. And if we actually *had* managed to put a bullet in them, then most of them would have gone to Taselak, swelling their noble count, and screwing us in the end.

Letting Ikalak live makes perfect sense both IC *and* OOC.

Besides, Kurlock is the god-favored ruler of a theocracy. He doesn't have to ask anyone about what he wants to do.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.