Author Topic: A history of Gracia Odinains  (Read 2646 times)

Dragonsbane

• Knight
    • View Profile
A history of Gracia Odinains
« Topic Start: July 14, 2014, 05:54:58 PM »
(This thread shall be a list of the rps, involving my character Gracia on Dwilight)

She had made her way to the Morek Empire, hearing that it was a place of opportunity and that monsters were abundant for slaying. She rode into the the local town, headed for the tavern, ready to begin making a name for herself. She was a tall young, thing, six foot three, with a athletic build from years of training, sharp, but beautiful features, a piercing emerald eyes like all of her family, and long auburn hair drawn back in a tight braid.

Dragonsbane

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: A history of Gracia Odinains
« Reply #1: July 14, 2014, 05:55:26 PM »
Gracia stood alone on the ship, as she appeared to be the tallest person on board, a woman, and a striking on at that, had seemed to push anyone from approaching her. This was fine with her though, she would not let it show, but she was sea sick, Odinians were never very found of boats, even though they all understood the necessity of them. She pulled her battle spear, Piercing Light, from he back, and started running through forms. This spear was made a bit different from the sturdy spears many used, it was both very hard and very flexible, allowing a whipping effect, even if she were to miss a thrust or slash, it could still snap an arm or neck.

As she finished the basic forms, she moved on to the more advanced ones, jumps, kicks, even a few vaults using the spear. As she finished, she let the sweat role down her face, and thought of her dream, so much closer now that she set out after coming of age. "Someday," she spoke, "I will make it happen, and then a new world will be upon us, a glorious one at that." She looked up at the moon and the stars, wonder just when that someday would be here.

Dragonsbane

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 14, 2014, 05:55:55 PM »
Gracia stood at the bow of the ship, her's had caught a good wind, and had made it to the Blossomer Sea ahead of the others. She gazed at the lands before her, one stood out to her, the Desert of Silhouettes, she had never see such a land before, so little life to be seen. Even as a child, seeing the after effects of war, there was still much or life to be seen. She turned her spyglass slightly and now she could see mountains  on the horizon, these must be the lands of Swordfell. Gracia put her spy glass back in her pouch, and sat down at the bow of the ship, as much as sea travel didn't agree with her, the wind blowing through her hair and the smell of the crisp sea air was pleasant. She pulled he hair out of the tight braid she kept it in, lets the wind take her hair for the moment, simply enjoying the freedom of the open sea.

Dragonsbane

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 16, 2014, 07:10:40 PM »
Gracia watched as her men worked to help bring the desert people under the banner of the Morek Empire, so far it was going well. She was doing better now that she had gotten to dry land again, though the harsh nature of the desert was uncomfortable in it's own way. The wind lacked the comforting one the sea held, and the dryness of the air left you with a never ending thirst. The sand though was the worst, it always found its way into the most awkward and unpleasant places, and you could never fully rid yourself of it. But show would persevere, she needed to gain knowledge and work with others if she was to build her dream, which would lead to a better world, someday.

Dragonsbane

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 23, 2014, 01:36:41 AM »
Gracia looked about Sallowtown as her men refit and spent their pay, it was truly fitting of the merchant realm, as the vendors pedaled their wares, she made her way to the dealers of rarities and antiquities. Most had the basics, art, weapons, treasure maps. She scoured them for awhile til she came across a man wrapped from head to toe in robes and coverings, only his eyes visible. He bid her welcome as she browsed his goods, his accent one she'd never heard before. She eventually found a book, fairly old, the was hidden amongst his wares, it held the rest of Dwilight on it, but was written is a language of old, far older than the common script. The vendor spoke up "You have a good eye my dear," he spoke looking up to meet her eyes, " I found that book in a rouge city on a trip to find rarities to sell, but sadly, I've found no one to translate it, but if you have interest in it, for just a few silvers,it can be yours. I feel it will be here until it rots away if you don't take it." Now Gracia was truly intrigued, books this old generally held secrets, secrets that held great value. She passed the man his silvers and made her way to the inn she was staying at, to see if she could find a way to translate it.

Dragonsbane

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 02, 2014, 07:55:57 PM »
Having board the ship for the capitol to recruit more men to her unit for the coming battles she would soon join, Gracia had decided to spend some time trying to decipher the ancient tome she had recently purchased, it was not going well. So far, all that she had translated was the text on the cover, which read "Dwilight: Lands of Opportunities", and this had been after all this time. The ancient script had many symbols, and many could be mistaken easily for others. She put her books away, and ventured to the top of the ship, hoping the cool air of the ocean could calm her mind from the work. She thought back to her arrival in D'Hara, they had been just as welcoming as the Morek Empire, but here she was told that their might be opportunity to build her realm of monster slayers in the future, as soon as they dealt with Luria Nova, and that was all the encouragement she needed to prepare a bout to the capitol to recruit. She soon let loose her hair again, the feel of it in her hair helped her relax on the ship.

'D'Hara, there are good people, here, they can see beyond themselves, without forgetting who they are, and are will to help those in need, should this war end cleanly, I do hope they will help me build my dream realm, a realm design to take back our lands from the monsters, and D'Hara would make a great ally to share the lands we manage to take back with.' These were Gracia's thoughts as the ship headed for land.