Author Topic: Cannot register  (Read 10919 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot register
« Reply #15: August 15, 2011, 02:34:51 AM »
Yeah, me too. I login to core, click Register beside BattleMaster, and get:

Thanks.  This appears to be the same problem.

If only there were an obvious pattern as to who it's happening to...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

walkerp1

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 15, 2011, 03:57:08 AM »
My entry path was:

battlemaster.org -> click login -> entered email and password, failed -> clicked I Forgot My Password ->
Entered email addy -> clicked Reset My Password -> Got "We know nobody with that name or e-mail."

Ok, I've been gone a while...probably more than a year. No problem. Back then, there was no core.

Clicked Join -> Entered email addy, username, and password -> Clicked Register
* Note that I reused my old username. It was accepted as new and I thought nothing of it.

This is the time when I clicked Register beside BattleMaster. It failed with the aforementioned source. I then clicked to register for the Forum and had no problem whatsoever.

Anyway, I hope this helps. Sometimes just getting the feel of the flow helps jog my mind. The only thing that really came to mind was the fact that re-registering with a former username is probably not as common.

Paradox

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 23, 2011, 02:45:40 PM »
Same problem, getting a 'SSO did not work as expected. Oops.' even though I click on register. By the way war islands register works fine :S

<!-- load_from_return() -->
<!-- db_query(insert into BattleMaster.DebugLog set TS=NOW(), Severity='debug', Trace='', Message='load_from_return()', UID=-1, PID=-1, World=-1) -->
<!-- load_by_ticket(48401, 04c0cafe444090b6acf38883a06dc4fb34254124, 638db0e23caa90f02d543ab907f92befaa833aa5) -->
<!-- db_query(insert into BattleMaster.DebugLog set TS=NOW(), Severity='debug', Trace='', Message='load_by_ticket(48401)', UID=-1, PID=-1, World=-1) -->
<!-- verify_ticket(48401) -->
<!-- db_query(insert into BattleMaster.DebugLog set TS=NOW(), Severity='debug', Trace='', Message='verify_ticket(48401)', UID=-1, PID=-1, World=-1) -->
<!-- db_query(delete from tickets where created < (NOW() - INTERVAL 10 MINUTE)) -->
<!-- db_query(select * from tickets where id = 48401) -->
<!-- ticket 48401 for user #2259 verified --><!-- db_query(insert into BattleMaster.DebugLog set TS=NOW(), Severity='debug', Trace='', Message='ticket 48401 for us #2259 verified', UID=-1, PID=-1, World=-1) -->
<!-- load_by_id(2259) -->
<!-- db_query(insert into BattleMaster.DebugLog set TS=NOW(), Severity='debug', Trace='', Message='load_by_id(2259)', UID=-1, PID=-1, World=-1) -->
<!-- db_query(select * from users where id=2259) -->
<!-- db_query(SELECT sites.id, sites.sitekey, user.id_number, user.id_other FROM sites, sites_users AS user WHERE user.user_id =2259 AND sites.id = user.site_id) -->
<!-- core knows you, now checking you into BM -->
<!-- no linked account continue as guest -->
SSO did not work as expected. Oops.

Also the link under the register button contains 'action=register', while the page I get sent to says 'action=login2' :S

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 23, 2011, 02:50:08 PM »
Also the link under the register button contains 'action=register', while the page I get sent to says 'action=login2' :S

Yeah, that definitely sounds like it's the same problem some others are having.  The trouble is, it's supposed to be impossible...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Paradox

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 23, 2011, 04:24:19 PM »
Well it seems that it is possible! :D I even tried IE but to no avail. So any advice as to what I should do now?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #20: August 23, 2011, 11:16:42 PM »
Yeah, that definitely sounds like it's the same problem some others are having.  The trouble is, it's supposed to be impossible...

That could actually be correct, as the SSO is throwing you around several times with 302s - you won't notice it because your browser handles it all.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 24, 2011, 02:28:34 AM »
That could actually be correct, as the SSO is throwing you around several times with 302s - you won't notice it because your browser handles it all.

Yeah, but that particular redirect from that page should not be possible without inserting a user record in the BM DB.
Timothy Collett

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 24, 2011, 04:44:47 AM »
Happened to me when I pressed "Login" from the Core. Just went back and tried again, and then it worked. Dunno if it will be useful, but I guess it won't hurt if not:

Code: [Select]
<!-- load_from_return() -->
<!-- db_query(insert into BattleMaster.DebugLog set TS=NOW(), Severity='debug', Trace='', Message='load_from_return()', UID=-1, PID=-1, World=-1) -->
<!-- load_by_ticket(48660, c151280af08b62f481eb784b00bbeebf7a2f9553, c9f7acfcc79f52beccca7e13379d4c492f4d6994) -->
<!-- db_query(insert into BattleMaster.DebugLog set TS=NOW(), Severity='debug', Trace='', Message='load_by_ticket(48660)', UID=-1, PID=-1, World=-1) -->
<!-- verify_ticket(48660) -->
<!-- db_query(insert into BattleMaster.DebugLog set TS=NOW(), Severity='debug', Trace='', Message='verify_ticket(48660)', UID=-1, PID=-1, World=-1) -->
<!-- db_query(delete from tickets where created < (NOW() - INTERVAL 10 MINUTE)) -->
<!-- db_query(select * from tickets where id = 48660) -->
<!-- no such ticket --><!-- db_query(insert into BattleMaster.DebugLog set TS=NOW(), Severity='error', Trace='', Message='no such ticket', UID=-1, PID=-1, World=-1) -->
<!-- core knows you, now checking you into BM -->
<!-- no linked account continue as guest -->
SSO did not work as expected. Oops.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Paradox

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: August 24, 2011, 08:52:37 AM »
I tried using a different computer this morning, but I still get the SSO error. I also tried creating a new core account, but that didn't work either.  How does this work? It does not seem to depending on the computer you use or the account you use. Is nobody able to register at this point?

walkerp1

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: August 27, 2011, 06:02:38 AM »
Tried with different email hosts (gmail, yahoo, and hotmail), different operating systems (Win7 Home Premium, XP, Slackware), different browsers (IE8, Firefox 4/5), two different core accounts, and I even tried holding my mouth differently. Bloody good time and all, but a little light on the actual gameplay experience. That's one persistent little error.

Zakilevo

« Reply #25: August 27, 2011, 07:06:04 AM »
Maybe someone should resister for these people?

Paradox

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: August 27, 2011, 11:33:42 AM »
I got an e-mail from Anaris saying that Tom will hopefully have some kind of fix early next week :D

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #27: August 30, 2011, 01:21:22 PM »
I'm removing Core again, it doesn't do what I wanted it to and causes too much trouble.

Paradox

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: September 01, 2011, 06:19:43 PM »
:D I could finally sign up to BattleMaster today (using BattleMaster's site).