Author Topic: Thank you all for making it a VERY stressful life for the past year or so.  (Read 3651 times)

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
In a good way, i guess. I was stressed because of how serious and committed i took the responsibility to play the game as well as i could. But good things have to come to an end. Below is the letter i sent out in some continent where i was more active.

"Actually, i been wanting to do this since some time ago. This game has lost its attraction to me even since when Pavel was still king of Melhed. I am glad beluaterra now has more and more committed characters as well as active ones. I am proud to say that i, along with some of you played a part in that. However, i just could not find it interesting anymore despite a lot of the things i tried to do. Cunning, paranoia, murderous, i have tried all sorts of different ways to play it.

Perhaps the game is filled with lots of characters that i do not actually like, i do not know. I always enjoy playing with those that always try to make this game fun for everyone, but there are big number of players that seem to just join the winning side so that they can brag and almost to the stance of abusive after that. I don't even know if that is the reason i lost interest in this game, perhaps it is just me getting tired of trying to make things happen. Hence, can be shown by the lack of discipline i recently had.

I will be pausing all my characters in the near future, but don't worry, i will make the transition as smooth as possible. I will post more on the forum if you are interested, otherwise, good luck and enjoy the game! :)"

And this thread is to thank all of you who made this game fun while it last. I will try my best to name all of you, but i have memory slightly better than a fish.

My first fun encounter was with the player of Ivore when i first joined long time ago. He was the one who showed me there are more than a way to skin a cat, or rather play the game. He also showed that every players have the responsibility to try to make it fun for the others. Turning up in Atamara for my first character was the right decision, despite the predictable nature of the continent. All thanks to him for always trying to make it unpredictable.

Then there was Kabrinski's family for trying to play it differently. I learned how to have a controversial character here and always trying to do the big thing. This is when i know by staying in an active realm, i couldn't actually do much. This is when i decided to venture into those realms deemed ruled by a character who would just rather sit there do nothing. I have always said again and again that it takes a lot to be a ruler. The said ruler has to have the will to make it fun for everyone. And hence, i started plotting. It failed, but i learned.

Then, i started meeting a lot more characters in Beluaterra. The liar Fingolfin's family(sorry, had to take a jibe :p), the JeVondair's family who always try to seduce everyone, the Tandaros' family who are always paranoid and controversial, as well as many incoming characters that are out to make it fun for everyone such as the Morlok, Octavius, Tezokian, Cheniers, and the rest. It is here that i realized there are still a lot out there that are rather committed. Perhaps we are all looking for the right place to start.

However, this is also when i realized a lot took this game more serious than they really should. Especially in the current war island. People started throwing accusations IC instead of OOC. I myself was accused for lots of things which is not rather uncalled for. That aside, i think i am just tired trying too hard, and that is just the way i am, trying to do the best if i want to do something, or not to do at all.

I am sorry if i left out any of you here, but i am sure you played a big part in creating a good atmosphere for my game play. Blame the fish's brain, please. For now, i just need a rest from this game and i thank all of you once again for making it fun for me.

Cheers and have a good battle! :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Thanks, always nice to be appreciated.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
And also the Outo's family until they followed the Fingolfin's. :p

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
It's sad to see you go, you have really been able to cause lots of fun (i.e. trouble) for many around you :)  I have had the same feeling many times, with the ambition to play going up and down over longer periods... but sooner or later it always goes up! I think this is my third round of playing, and after 4-5 months it always starts itching in the fingers to get started again :p

The liar Fingolfin's family   Ill let you have it, just this once :p

And also the Outo's family until they followed the Fingolfin's.   Giving people shiny realms does get some goodwill! 
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Well, if it wasn't for Pavel leaking OG's plans then Fronen would have surely perished by now. Thanks for giving so much to everyone and hope that you change your decision soon! :)
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Twas always a pleasure to play with you Jeffrey :)

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Not sure if I ever got a chance to interact directly with you, but I hope you come back with renewed (as well as less stressful) vigor. It sounds like you made interesting times happen.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)