Author Topic: Imperial Calendar  (Read 9369 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Calendar
« Topic Start: July 21, 2014, 02:09:50 AM »
Poke me to have some discussions about this!  If you have any particular questions, I'd be happy to answer them, and I'd like to look over the whole thing before you put it out there (I have a lot of history kicking around).

I always wanted an Imperial Calendar so that everyone would finally freaking use some standard range.  I would suggest, though, that dividing it into epochs would be more colourful.  "In the Third Year of the Old Empire (3 OE).." or "Five years after the rise of the New Empire (5 NE)..." or (gods willing) "In the Second Year after Unification (2 AU)..." with your Imperial Years being the standardized dating would be cool.

You should be able to set up some Excel formulas to translate RL dates into your calendar easily enough.  I remember actually doing that at one point, but I can't find it for the life of me.

Also, regarding the Jenred/Keffer enmity, I gave Jake the full story, but can go over it again with you if you like.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"