Author Topic: Imperial Calendar  (Read 9315 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Calendar
« Topic Start: July 21, 2014, 02:25:51 AM »
Poke me to have some discussions about this!  If you have any particular questions, I'd be happy to answer them, and I'd like to look over the whole thing before you put it out there (I have a lot of history kicking around).

I always wanted an Imperial Calendar so that everyone would finally freaking use some standard range.  I would suggest, though, that dividing it into epochs would be more colourful.  "In the Third Year of the Old Empire (3 OE).." or "Five years after the rise of the New Empire (5 NE)..." or (gods willing) "In the Second Year after Unification (2 AU)..." with your Imperial Years being the standardized dating would be cool.

You should be able to set up some Excel formulas to translate RL dates into your calendar easily enough.  I remember actually doing that at one point, but I can't find it for the life of me.

Also, regarding the Jenred/Keffer enmity, I gave Jake the full story, but can go over it again with you if you like.

It is also possible to set up some wiki templates to convert dates to whatever calender setup you want. I remember doing this either for FEI or Dwilight at some stage in the past and would be happy to set up a new system.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.