Author Topic: Imperial Calendar  (Read 9378 times)

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Calendar
« Topic Start: July 21, 2014, 02:38:37 PM »
I'm not really sure how this would affect the semantic elements of the wiki given that hardly anyone seems to include actual dates in articles on the wiki. The closest thing to it are the continent timelines which only tend to update if there's someone active and willing to manually update it with happenings.

For the history I'm writing I'm actually dividing FEI history into three ages and giving dates in years after the start of the respective age in order to make it an "impartial" history. I'm also outlining the Imperial Calendar in it though and I'm in favour of it because it's simply in game years since the start of FEI + 42 years - which shouldn't be too much of a barrier to any new players since it's pretty straightforward.

I've created an excel document which has calculated the years and seasons (could a dev please confirm a season is 22 days long?) up until 2030, which should probably be long enough for practical purposes :p

It has some anomalies in it due to seasons changing length at some point but it's definitely accurate from now onwards so if there's anyone who knows and is willing to come up with some sort of date conversion system to stick on a wiki page (I have no idea how to do it) then that would be great please :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 02:40:27 PM by Antonine »