Author Topic: Hunting  (Read 11226 times)

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting
« Topic Start: July 24, 2014, 07:44:17 PM »
I like the idea of a Hunting Logde being necessary. This would be a building that can only be built in rural regions (or just woodlands).  The lord of the region could set up the hunt party much like city lords can set up tournaments.  For the purpose of coding, I would view it exactly like a tournament.  I am not sure that a gold reward would make sense, though it should still cost something to join.  I also do not feel it should be a continent wide event, either private or realmwide.  Prestige and honour could be won by all those who participate based on what they catch, but also to the lord, based on who shows up: more value for nobles ranked higher than them (dukes, rulers and council members - who kill something) down to nearly nothing for knights.
There could also simply be some probability that no animals are found causing a loss of prestige to the lord.  This probability should be very low initially, but increase exponentially as the animals are being killed.  I am not sure how to implement that, perhaps have some standard length of time that it takes for the animal population to recover (it could be random or changing based on all sorts of variables: weather, # of participants in the previous hunt, size of region, type of region, how recently a large army moved through the region, etc.)