Author Topic: Mobile Version  (Read 3856 times)

Baeldeth

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Mobile Version
« Topic Start: May 27, 2011, 03:01:23 AM »
Just a suggestion, I tend to check my Battlemaster during the day pretty frequently on my Blackberry.  I'd just like there to be a bit more mobile browser friendly, the status bar generally gets in the way, and the lower portion of the left side menu get's chopped off.

It's minor but would figure I'd see what people thought.

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Mobile Version
« Reply #1: May 27, 2011, 04:00:36 AM »
try mobile.battlemaster.org

But even then, the bottom bar gets in the way sometimes. It's fine on my iPod though.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #2: May 27, 2011, 06:10:32 AM »
I thought it was m.battlemaster.org.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 27, 2011, 02:27:56 PM »
If you know someone who designs mobile websites, let us know, 'cause we devs aren't really experts in that.

We have plans to improve the mobile version, but they're not high-priority plans.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 27, 2011, 03:08:22 PM »
I use http://m.battlemaster.org from my Android (htc G2) and it works great. The links do tend to be a bit small and close together, but the mini-trackpad really helps with that.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 27, 2011, 06:52:47 PM »
http://m.battlemaster.org has been a great improvement from trying to use the normal site on my iphone.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 27, 2011, 07:16:10 PM »
So, just out of interest, how long have I been plugging away on the phat site needlessly? >.< When did BM go mobile?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 27, 2011, 08:14:16 PM »
It's been quite a while. AJ hacked up the mobile site last year or something like that. So, maybe more than a year that it's been available. It was a quick hack, and there are some issues with it. Still, much better than trying to run the full site on a mobile device. If we had an interface designer that really knew how to do mobile stuff, I'd imagine they could really improve it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 29, 2011, 02:47:11 PM »
Just to say, now I've had some time with it, I bloody love the BM mobile site. Absolutely no complaints at all. It's beautiful.

I definitely think the fact that BattleMaster has a mobile site should be flagged up somewhere on the main one.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #9: June 29, 2011, 08:01:23 PM »
Just to say, now I've had some time with it, I bloody love the BM mobile site. Absolutely no complaints at all. It's beautiful.

I definitely think the fact that BattleMaster has a mobile site should be flagged up somewhere on the main one.

Someone should tell AJ this. ;)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.