Author Topic: tax bug???  (Read 1674 times)

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
tax bug???
« Topic Start: July 26, 2014, 05:22:32 PM »
Not sure if this is a bug or something intentional since the updates but Sallowtown and I know many other regions in Dwilight have had significant tax drops. I had an investment in Sallowtown last week and even now that it has lowered production is still over 90%.

On the politics page for tax and estates it says that the region should bring in just over 960 gold in tax income. This weeks taxes were 555 gold and that is after an investment.

Can someone explain what is going on that a city can no longer support its knights and lord let alone pay to purchase food?
Forbes Family

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: tax bug???
« Reply #1: July 26, 2014, 07:10:46 PM »
Region turn script was bugged for several days. That means that all regions on some continents failed to add to their tax pool.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 26, 2014, 07:29:15 PM »
The week before was not much better...

Peasants Taxes   604 gold
Taxes from Guildhouses   + 2 gold
Buildings Upkeep   - 29 gold
Militia Payment   - 381 gold
Collectable Tax Gold   196 gold
Estate of   Size   Peasants   Tax Collected   Knight Share   Lord Share
Kendal   40 %   7071   78 gold      78 gold
Gilth   30 %   5303   58 gold   43 gold   15 gold
Petur   30 %   5303   58 gold   43 gold   15 gold
Region Totals         194 gold   86 gold   108 gold

Lord and Duke SharesLord Share   108 gold
Dukes Share   - 108 gold
Lords Tax Income   nothing
Forbes Family

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 26, 2014, 07:35:33 PM »
I don't know offhand when the bug first started. It's quite possible that it was present for a couple of days of last tax week and a couple of days of this one.

Check back through your message history; any day when there wasn't a region report, taxes weren't being properly collected.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 27, 2014, 05:59:17 AM »
If you don't receive region reports then no taxes are collected on that day. So I guess that you didn't get region reports for a couple of days and so the taxes were so low.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.