Author Topic: Just end the war with Perdan.  (Read 17794 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Just end the war with Perdan.
« Topic Start: July 29, 2014, 12:44:46 AM »
Please, just do it. Yes, some of our noble characters are being roleplayed as hot-headed, but the majority of us players just want it to end. While I'm on the side who agreed with the ban of a certain player who I won't mention here, as it will just lead to a flame war, the sudden loss of players as they paused/deleted their characters in protest has devastated the realm. We're barely able to put lords into regions, let alone fight a war. It isn't fun any more.

No, I'm not whining that we're losing, but when we start asking for terms and the first response we get is a letter that is basically telling us too go !@#$ off (my own interpretation, not the exact words), it is very disheartening to continue trying to rebuild the realm knowing that we're at the same time in a hopeless war against those who want to tear it down.

You get what you give. How often did Perdan's players/(circle of friends of player you won't mention) give one iota about their enemy player's fun or easing up on a war or surrender terms? If you play a realm aggressively, expect that realm to be dealt with aggressively when it falls. Perdan isn't the first and it won't be the last.

As for the IC terms offered, I don't believe you were told to !@#$ off (even with leeway for your interpretation). You were told by a very old character that he's been betrayed by Perdan many many times before, so he's cautious about 'deals'. Therefore, sit in a city during the remainder of terms discussion instead of the realms you're surrendering to leaving your lands. I actually think that is rather novel - enemy armies literally sitting around a realm while terms are discussed and the surrendering realm remains garrisoned in the city.

It's that any and all attempts to negotiate a surrender are being refused.

Absolutely not true.

Why not just play it out?

If you are tired of the war, immigrate to somewhere else.

I don't know if it is just the way it seems to me, but since coming back to this game I see more "OOC fix-its" than any time I can think of. You've still got 37 nobles - the second most on the island - so someone must be sticking around for some reason.

If it's no fun, jump on a boat. Otherwise - what is happening is happening. Play through it, like was always expected of you in the past.

This. Completely. In every way. Vote with your feet. I used to stick in realms for roleplay reasons, but having learned to just move somewhere that looks fun instead of sticking around - I enjoy the game far more, even when I'm barely playing.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:50:48 AM by Vita »