Author Topic: I'm leaving.  (Read 2810 times)

Gustav Kuriga

I'm leaving.
« Topic Start: July 29, 2014, 01:04:19 AM »
I just can't find it in me to play this game anymore. It used to be people cared more about players having fun than their roleplay, but it seems now people care more about their individual, fictional characters than they do the good of the game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: I'm leaving.
« Reply #1: July 29, 2014, 04:41:28 AM »
He's leaving. You don't have to troll him and tell him good riddance on the way out. If you can't just wish him well, then keep your hands of the keyboard and go find some other thread to snark on. All you've done is validate his crappy attitude and given a poor image of the community to anyone reading this thread. Nicely done.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #2: July 29, 2014, 05:39:25 AM »
He's leaving. You don't have to troll him and tell him good riddance on the way out. If you can't just wish him well, then keep your hands of the keyboard and go find some other thread to snark on. All you've done is validate his crappy attitude and given a poor image of the community to anyone reading this thread. Nicely done.

+1

Considering how many people were falling over to explain how it was okay to "fix things" in Ikalak, it's no wonder he's upset at the reaction to his request to do the same in Perdan.  Awful lot of similarities, IMHO.

(Now go off and completely miss the point by focusing instead on how they "aren't very similar")

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #3: July 29, 2014, 08:48:03 AM »
I'm sorry to see so many players go whatever the circumstances. It's their desire though, I wish them well, and I doubt anyone wanted this as an outcome. Personally my comment on Perdan imploding was about how stunning it is, not rubbing it in anyone's face. Maybe I've missed other examples of this in the past, but from what I've heard here the entire upper nobility up and left. As for De-Legro and Sacha I can't say anything except that they read what Gustav had said in the other thread.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 29, 2014, 11:57:15 AM »
Moderator note: I've cleared out all the snark and off-topic posts. Keep it on topic and at least vaguely nice, please.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 29, 2014, 04:02:47 PM »
Personally my comment on Perdan imploding was about how stunning it is, not rubbing it in anyone's face.
I did realize that's what your comment was. I wrote my post using the mobile version of the site (hence the cell phone icon for the post), and it doesn't warn you of posts made while you were writing yours. I didn't see your post until after I posted my comment.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #6: July 29, 2014, 04:46:32 PM »
I did realize that's what your comment was. I wrote my post using the mobile version of the site (hence the cell phone icon for the post), and it doesn't warn you of posts made while you were writing yours. I didn't see your post until after I posted my comment.
Oh ok.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.