Author Topic: I'm not leaving.  (Read 8597 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I'm not leaving.
« Topic Start: July 30, 2014, 03:44:45 PM »
I don't care what you do or say, I'm just not!

I've been playing this game for close to 11 years now and played on through the rise and fall of empires and countless other changes, be they code or attitude. The fact of the matter is there is no billion-dollar game developer on earth that in these 11 years of digital revolution has created a game with such limitless possibilities as this "archaic" player-driven text-based game has to offer. Here you can imagine something and purely through interaction make it real. And through such interactions, create real bonds with real people, or even their characters. Sometimes especially their characters.

So try and make me leave! I'm here forever.

P.S.: I wrote this because I got tired of seeing the "I'm leaving." thread with all it's negativity but mainly, I wrote this because there is no game like BM and I've seen enough people leave and return to know there's no point in leaving in the first place. Kuddos to Tim and Tom for creating such a thing of beauty.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 03:46:54 PM by Lorgan »

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: I'm not leaving.
« Reply #1: July 30, 2014, 03:54:39 PM »
Agreed!

I tend to keep out of most forum discussions about in-game events and prefer to keep things in-game, in-character.
So many times I have had to hold myself back from screaming out "its just a game FFS! Don't take things so personal".
Anyhow, Im pretty much here to stay also. There are so many possibilities for things to go wrong (and right) for my characters. I can't wait for their next dramas to fight through :)

Peace out.
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 30, 2014, 05:22:55 PM »

I have been trying for 11 years! Why are you so stubborn? Why?
Ardet nec consumitur.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 30, 2014, 09:42:38 PM »
Neither would I. Unless I'm kicked out or in a coma or dead, I won't leave the game. Just like RL you face bad times and stuff, you just need to deal with them or ignore them. Hitting that big red button is nothing more than committing suicide, a mistake one will understand when calm.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: July 30, 2014, 10:47:04 PM »
I will stick around even if the game has less than 100 people left just to play with all the good friends I made over the years in this game. Though if we are left with only 100 people, Tim might have to make a very small island for us all ;) Or shrink one of the existing islands or make us all stick with colonies or something.

Anyway, this game has been fantastic over the years and I am sure it will continue to be fantastic ;)

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #5: July 30, 2014, 11:53:58 PM »

P.S.: I wrote this because I got tired of seeing the "I'm leaving." thread with all it's negativity but mainly

9 times out of 10, those posts come from people who feel they have no place else to vent their frustration abut something important to them. So they come here where they can try to explain.

It's like the guy who climbs out on a ledge and sits there, hoping someone will notice and try to talk him back in.

9 times out of 10, everyone just says, "Oh, it's So-and-so. He's not one of my IRC friends - won't bother thinking about what is upsetting him, or see things from his point of view for a moment.  JUMP!"

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 30, 2014, 11:57:59 PM »
I don't care what you do or say, I'm just not!

I've been playing this game for close to 11 years now and played on through the rise and fall of empires and countless other changes, be they code or attitude. The fact of the matter is there is no billion-dollar game developer on earth that in these 11 years of digital revolution has created a game with such limitless possibilities as this "archaic" player-driven text-based game has to offer. Here you can imagine something and purely through interaction make it real. And through such interactions, create real bonds with real people, or even their characters. Sometimes especially their characters.

P.S.: I wrote this because I got tired of seeing the "I'm leaving." thread with all it's negativity but mainly, I wrote this because there is no game like BM and I've seen enough people leave and return to know there's no point in leaving in the first place. Kuddos to Tim and Tom for creating such a thing of beauty.

I'm leaving... Dwilight.

Beluaterra supremacy!
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 31, 2014, 12:06:48 AM »
I'm leaving... Dwilight.

Beluaterra supremacy!

Went out in style IMO
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 31, 2014, 12:18:31 AM »
I don't always leave BattleMaster, but when I do, I come back.

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 31, 2014, 05:07:46 PM »
Went out in style IMO
Ain't that the truth!

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 01, 2014, 02:15:59 PM »
I tried to quit, but I just could't make it stick. I should try the patch or some gum or something. I hear the vaporized form helps some people quit.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 02, 2014, 07:26:14 PM »
I'll quit when I'm dead! And even then I'll get someone to carry on my legacy!

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 03, 2014, 07:11:45 AM »
This thread is dangerous. When there are even fewer people remaining, they will continue to pat each other on the back about how well suited this game is to their tastes.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: August 08, 2014, 02:14:05 AM »
This thread is dangerous. When there are even fewer people remaining, they will continue to pat each other on the back about how well suited this game is to their tastes.

For once I agree with you. It's almost sickening to see how much happiness they get out of mocking someone who is leaving.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 08, 2014, 02:54:24 AM »
I will second that.
Being optimistic and openly showing your affection to the game is inappropriate and distasteful.