Author Topic: Any reason why Advies don't have an "escape" option?  (Read 3536 times)

Jens Namtrah

seems to be by design - everything else except Write Letters is there. I know they have a higher chance at turn, but is it that high?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
seems to be by design - everything else except Write Letters is there. I know they have a higher chance at turn, but is it that high?
Is there a particular reason why you think Advies should have an escape button? With nobility, only infils if I recall correctly have an escape button. If I don't recall correctly, it would be something like heros have one too.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Zakilevo

I am pretty sure all classes get the escape button randomly except hero. Heroes get that button all the time.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I am pretty sure all classes get the escape button randomly except hero. Heroes get that button all the time.
I don't know, I have been in prison many times and never seen the escape button. (I have also never had infils or heros)
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Jens Namtrah

all chars get the Escape button after the first day (roughly). First time I've realized it's not there for advies.

"Write letters" is also missing, which makes me wonder.

Eirikr

I must have terrible luck; even with two heroes, it's rare I get the escape button at all and it's random from turn-to-turn. I do get it though and have a pretty good record of successful escapes.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
I have got my hero captured a few times but I have never seen the escape button. So I guess heroes only have a higher chance of getting that option, it doesn't appear all the time. Never played an infil so can't say anything for them.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Jens Namtrah

Hmmm.... come to think of it, this may just be the first time in ages I'm in prison and NOT a hero; perhaps I've completely forgotten how it works.

My hero was captured recently and had the option every turn, so I was thinking all chars always had it. Perhaps it's only heros & infils, and advies have a special change at turn script

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
all chars get the Escape button after the first day (roughly).
I'm fairly certain that only heroes and infils get the escape button. It is one of the special things for their class.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
My heroes always had it, as far as I can tell. Nobody else. Infils, it was my understanding, enjoyed a passive increase in their chance to escape every turn change, thanks to their infiltration skill. Only heroes had an actual "click to escape" button as far as I knew.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
Heroes always have it. Infils get it randomly. No one else gets the button.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Eirikr

Heroes always have it. Infils get it randomly. No one else gets the button.

Again, I don't think always is accurate. It's been a while since my heroes were imprisoned, but I seem to remember not having the option 100% of my stay, with it sometimes not appearing at all.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
The only thing preventing a hero from having the escape option is torture.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
There's probably a one day waiting period too.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
There's probably a one day waiting period too.

There is always a one day waiting period.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.