Author Topic: Differentiation of color/format for different message groups  (Read 1350 times)

Zakilevo

Title: Differentiation of color/format for different message groups

Summary: Add a way to differentiate different message groups more visually either through color or different format(maybe an outline around letters?) or etc

Or

If possible, have the filter include all the message groups the player is in?

Details: There are many message groups in BM.

5 customizable message groups for ruler, realm council, duchy, religion etc...

But once you are in too many groups, it becomes quite chaotic and unless you use the message searcher, it gets pretty difficult to organize and track letters. Maybe give people an option to either differentiate all the letters through color or something else?

or have the game add more filter options as you gain access to more message groups?

Benefits: Easier to keep track of letters that interest you.

Possible Downsides or Exploits: More work for Anaris?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
The lack of easy access to message traffic sorted by groups has always been a weakness of the message system. The message search option helps, but it can be clunky. Also, the results are inconsistent. I haven't nailed down the pattern yet, but sometimes it comes back and says no messages for something that you *know* should have messages.

Anyway, the idea I just had while reading this was to add link to the Messages tab. Right next to the link you would click to Send messages, maybe there could be a link to Read messages from that group. Something like this:

Keplerstan
from / to - Kepler Keplerstein, King of Keplerstan
from / to - the realm council
from / to all/some - of your realm-mates

Message Groups
from / to - Everyone in "Military Council"

Guilds/Orders
from / to - everyone in "My Guild"
from / to - all full members of "My Guild"
from / to - all elders of "My Guild"

from / to all/some - members of "My Guild"
from / to all/some - full members of "My Guild"
from / to all/some - elders of "My Guild"

The "from" link could just run the existing message search with the required search string, defaulting to the last 7 days, or something. The "from" link would search for messages sent to "all members" of a group. It wouldn't be able to find a message that was sent to just you, even if it was sent via the guild channel.

This could help make message groups easier to read, and could be the easiest way to implement some kind of group filter.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.