Author Topic: Sandalak Peasant Mob to Taselak Army: GTFO!  (Read 7956 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Sandalak Peasant Mob to Taselak Army: GTFO!
« Reply #15: December 03, 2014, 07:27:04 PM »
That's a ton of extra coding, you realize, on top of all the coding he's already doing.

Would it?

For one, he wouldn't have to keep fiddling with the current code to balance it. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: December 03, 2014, 08:02:49 PM »
I think I'd prefer the game focusing on small "units" of peasants resisting individual looting actions (a father defending his home and family as foreigners raid it, perhaps killing a soldier or two), rather than spawning large armies of peasants that'll fight on the battlefield. More realistic and seems better for gameplay.

That's already in the game. You can lose men when looting.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: December 03, 2014, 09:33:39 PM »
Now that those peasants are pretty strong, will they rise against rogue forces or are those immune to peasants wrath?

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: December 03, 2014, 09:37:27 PM »
As in, peasant militia being generated by monster/undead rampaging?

I've been considering it. I haven't decided for sure yet, though. Either way, it's not directly related to the Looting Overhaul, so I didn't do it yet.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: December 04, 2014, 12:27:50 AM »
That's already in the game. You can lose men when looting.

In my almost 10 years in the game I've only had that happen once or twice, though. The risk seems almost comically small.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: December 04, 2014, 01:28:47 AM »
In my almost 10 years in the game I've only had that happen once or twice, though. The risk seems almost comically small.

Seemed.

You mean "seemed."
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: December 04, 2014, 01:29:34 AM »
Oh-ho! The plot thickens!