Author Topic: Mortality/Wounding working correctly?  (Read 7090 times)

Jens Namtrah

Mortality/Wounding working correctly?
« Topic Start: August 10, 2014, 12:54:46 AM »
Just an open question - I've noticed:

1) there still hasn't been (to my knowledge) a single battlefield death, despite some pretty constant fighting

2) I see many, many times where the same noble is wounded twice in a battle, but doesn't become seriously wounded, just light. I hardly ever see serious wounds. I had always thought that the second wounding typically raised you to the next "wounding level", roughly speaking

Does everything seem normal and correct?

Zakilevo

Re: Mortality/Wounding working correctly?
« Reply #1: August 10, 2014, 02:13:28 AM »
Characters are too young to be seriously wounded enough to die on SI even with mortality on.

I really hope Anaris boosts mortality a bit higher so seriously wounded characters actually die. It was quite rare for characters to be seriously wounded.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #2: August 10, 2014, 02:20:17 AM »
that's prolly right for dying later of wounds, but I would think that the battlefield deaths & woundings weren't linked to the char's age at all; at least I always thought it worked that subsequent wounds in battle made you "one higher" (ie, wounded -> seriously, seriously -> dead if a hero)

maybe that's not how it is, but I see countless "light wounds" and hardly anything else

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 10, 2014, 02:55:35 AM »
Young characters heal fast. So many of the wounds heal immediately to light wounds. Once characters start to age, you will see more wounds lasting longer.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #4: August 10, 2014, 03:03:40 AM »
Young characters heal fast. So many of the wounds heal immediately to light wounds. Once characters start to age, you will see more wounds lasting longer.

Ah, that's what I'm seeing - makes sense. They wound and heal to "light" in the same turn change

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 10, 2014, 04:14:01 AM »
I'm seriously considering increasing the rate of wounds in battle—and actually changing what makes them more likely. Right now, I don't think there's nearly enough increased chance of wounding when your unit is massively outnumbered and wiped out, for instance.

That's a bit later, though.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #6: August 10, 2014, 06:28:11 AM »
I'm seriously considering increasing the rate of wounds in battle—and actually changing what makes them more likely. Right now, I don't think there's nearly enough increased chance of wounding when your unit is massively outnumbered and wiped out, for instance.

In the mean time I'm trying to encourage everyone to up those chances by being heroes.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 10, 2014, 07:30:39 AM »
In the mean time I'm trying to encourage everyone to up those chances by being heroes.

No room for diplomats or traders, and cavaliers miss all the good loot. I don't think anyone is going to have time to develop an infiltrator...so I think hero is about all a person can really be.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 10, 2014, 12:31:03 PM »

eh I think it hurts enough to lose atm

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 10, 2014, 01:17:09 PM »
Are you sure cavaliers can't loot? I know they can't do police work/civil work, but I thought they could loot anyways.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 10, 2014, 02:56:28 PM »
Yeah cavaliers can't loot. I once traveled a week with a raiding party only to arrive and find myself twiddling my thumbs.

I *think* they can do police work though.

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 10, 2014, 05:39:24 PM »
Cavaliers can't hunt enemies/do civil work/loot but they can do police work.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 11, 2014, 08:03:10 AM »
Yeah cavaliers can't loot. I once traveled a week with a raiding party only to arrive and find myself twiddling my thumbs.

I *think* they can do police work though.
Huh, well I had no idea they could do police work, but my hero deals with rebels the proper way, he hangs them all. Its usually not that big of a deal in regards to morale since the regions already have extremely low morale most the time.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: August 18, 2014, 05:10:00 PM »

Now you've jynxed it by saying you want them to die :P

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 21, 2014, 05:40:19 PM »
Fen'Harel Windblack, Knight of Saenna has been wounded by Ageama (1)
Fen'Harel Windblack, Knight of Saenna has been wounded by Swords Bearer (19).
Fen'Harel Windblack, Knight of Saenna has been seriously wounded by Ageama (1).

I don't think anyone else on the current WI have been wounded that many times in a single battle. Still he survived, although took 5 or so days to heal.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.