Author Topic: new island theme when the island gets reset.  (Read 9308 times)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: new island theme when the island gets reset.
« Reply #15: August 18, 2014, 12:28:45 AM »
Nobody should care about titles anyway. Lords are an unfortunate necessity on the war island these days.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 18, 2014, 12:30:57 AM »
From what I recall, little had to do with problems in Sandalak. Out of a character base of about 80, only a handful was really causing problems. Most seemed to go along with whatever was decided, and I believe that ultimately what we have now is something decent. Besides, on the war islands, doesn't the state of constant war trump the "cultural definition" of the realm? For all I care Sandalak could be a realm with a culture of cross-dressing furies and I would still play there.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Zakilevo

« Reply #17: August 18, 2014, 01:22:08 AM »
Sandalak only has one rule. Listen to Kurlock mwuahah

Well I don't think Sandalak has any culture. Do other realms even have one? I am pretty sure everyone is more focused on crushing enemies.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 18, 2014, 01:45:10 AM »
Sandalak only has one rule. Listen to Kurlock mwuahah

Well I don't think Sandalak has any culture. Do other realms even have one? I am pretty sure everyone is more focused on crushing enemies.

As someone that joined Sandalak only recently, yes it has a culture. It might not be one that has mountains of books written about it, but the constant referrals to Griffon's and other mythological creatures, the granting of titles based on the number of nobles you have wounded etc actually make it one of the better realms in terms of culture that I have encountered in a long time.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 18, 2014, 10:16:01 AM »
From what I recall, little had to do with problems in Sandalak. Out of a character base of about 80, only a handful was really causing problems. Most seemed to go along with whatever was decided, and I believe that ultimately what we have now is something decent. Besides, on the war islands, doesn't the state of constant war trump the "cultural definition" of the realm? For all I care Sandalak could be a realm with a culture of cross-dressing furies and I would still play there.

I wouldn't mind that. :3

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 18, 2014, 03:14:04 PM »
As someone that joined Sandalak only recently, yes it has a culture. It might not be one that has mountains of books written about it, but the constant referrals to Griffon's and other mythological creatures, the granting of titles based on the number of nobles you have wounded etc actually make it one of the better realms in terms of culture that I have encountered in a long time.

I agree with this.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 18, 2014, 04:30:58 PM »
It does add some flavor to things. You don't have to go overboard with it, and create the parallel power structures, and full-fledged religion, in order to get a flavor and feeling to things. It just makes everything seem more worthwhile.

The previous incarnations of the war islands had their own religions and flavors. There's no reason why the current and future ones can't have that, too.

Now we just need to get a bit more of that team feeling back, and get rid of the side switching and associated crap that's been going on.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 18, 2014, 04:51:02 PM »
Culture's nice if its organic. When you start ramming things down people's throats, you become Ikalak.

Not sure if Taselak has any sort of culture yet.

Mac Tir

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: August 21, 2014, 04:38:33 AM »
I think if you ask two taselakians that question you'll end up with five different answers. Which has more or less been our problem for the past little while.

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #24: August 21, 2014, 05:34:41 AM »
I think if you ask two taselakians that question you'll end up with five different answers. Which has more or less been our problem for the past little while.
Or you ask me and you'll get six different answers, none of which will actually give you any idea of what I really think.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.