Author Topic: Captured during a ferry ride  (Read 8285 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Captured during a ferry ride
« Topic Start: August 12, 2014, 06:25:23 PM »
I was captured on a ferry half way to my destination. There were like 20+ more hours till I was supposed to arrive.
Is this a bug or intended behaviour?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Captured during a ferry ride
« Reply #1: August 12, 2014, 07:16:14 PM »
Boarded for customs inspection, and they found you hiding in the cargo hold!

...Ferry routes aren't (and shouldn't be) very different from normal routes. There are a very few exceptions. This is not one of them.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 13, 2014, 01:17:47 AM »
Yeah, it's just that I have never been captured while still on the road during travels.
Hence my question.

Eirikr

« Reply #3: August 13, 2014, 04:55:42 AM »
Yeah, it's just that I have never been captured while still on the road during travels.
Hence my question.

I believe it's possible at any turn, so you could be captured while traveling 16 hours between land points as well. Or if you delay arrival, etc. I think.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 13, 2014, 05:27:07 AM »
I believe it's possible at any turn, so you could be captured while traveling 16 hours between land points as well. Or if you delay arrival, etc. I think.
Hmmm.. amazing, I never thought of this before. I never been captured while travelling on roads or ferry ride before. Did the chance % go up suddenly?

Look interesting to know some game parts I never know before and which can bring some surprise factor :o
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Eirikr

« Reply #5: August 13, 2014, 07:16:51 AM »
Well, it is a percentage, so the Law of Large Numbers means someone will get hit by it eventually, given a large enough sample size.  I'd suggest it went "way up" if there were a bunch of people noticing it, in which case it would likely be a bug.

Otherwise, it's just always been there... there aren't many ferries on which to be captured, so the sample size is smaller.

Oh, and if I wasn't clear, by land points I mean one landlocked region to another, not a sea route.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 13, 2014, 02:41:50 PM »
Hmmm.. amazing, I never thought of this before. I never been captured while travelling on roads or ferry ride before. Did the chance % go up suddenly?
Well, characters normally travel with soldiers. So long as you have at least 1 healthy soldier, you cannot be captured while traveling.

Also, you can only be captured while traveling when in enemy lands. i.e.: traveling through a realm with which you are at war. And how often do you travel through enemy lands with no healthy solders?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 13, 2014, 05:00:56 PM »
Daang, that's kinda counterintuitive.
I figured that I'd have better luck with covert mission if I go alone with just a bunch of scouts rather than with an army.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 13, 2014, 05:10:21 PM »
I figured that I'd have better luck with covert mission if I go alone with just a bunch of scouts rather than with an army.

If you have no guards to protect you, you're going to get captured.

If you have a unit, you're likely to get skirmished (and also captured), or simply involved in a battle.

Infiltrator skill makes it less likely that you will get captured as a lone commander in enemy territory, but there is no way to eliminate the risk entirely.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 13, 2014, 05:11:40 PM »

A soldier on one's pay
Keeps the patrol guards at bay
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Thehatter

« Reply #10: August 14, 2014, 03:51:02 AM »
Commoners leading a unit of soldiers, that would be a fun sight to see.

Deytheur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 10, 2014, 09:36:03 PM »
Recently I was attacked by bandits while traveling without a unit and they stole my gold, it has been so long that I have gone anywhere without a unit that I forgot that could happen  >:(

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: September 10, 2014, 11:04:31 PM »
It is possible for it to happen even if you do have soldiers, if you carry enough gold with you.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.