Author Topic: Monster/Undead Shortage? (Adventurer Game)  (Read 4063 times)

Thalanteus

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Monster/Undead Shortage? (Adventurer Game)
« Topic Start: August 10, 2014, 09:17:50 PM »
With the heavy influx of adventurers from the west half of the continent, I have been having a very hard time finding monsters or undead to hunt on my adventurer.  It was normally quite easy and entertaining to go on monster hunts before the island shake-up.  Now, if I am lucky enough to find a area with even "rare sightings", there are usually 1-2 other advs there already clearing it out.   Is it just me or are any other adventurers finding the same issue?  If so is it possible to adjust the monster/undead spawns to accommodate the increasing number of adventuers?   
Adventuring is already pretty slow and sometimes tedious, even more so now with the scarcity of things to kill.

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Monster/Undead Shortage? (Adventurer Game)
« Reply #1: August 10, 2014, 11:07:34 PM »
I have a feeling the continents with "increased rogue spawns" have had their spawn rates lower to the levels on other continents.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 10, 2014, 11:09:42 PM »
That's correct, and I'd meant to nudge them back up slowly, but hadn't gotten around to it yet. So thanks for reminding me! :)

I've made an adjustment to the spawn rates on BT and Dwilight that should start to become visible over the next few days, bringing it back up towards the value it used to be, but still a bit lower.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 11, 2014, 02:15:42 AM »
I was lucky to get a few big groups in one region for an entire day without issue for the first time in forever, then later when I finished resting off my fatigue there were two more advies in the region and no more monsters ):

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 11, 2014, 03:18:14 AM »
Let me guess, are you from Luria?
There are regions just a few days away teeming with monsters.
I personally see no problem with adventurers having to actually travel across the land, looking for jobs.

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #5: August 11, 2014, 10:37:13 AM »
I've had no problems finding big monster groups as an adventurer.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 11, 2014, 06:28:41 PM »
As it seems, I'm facing the same problem in Beluaterra with my Adv. I traveled the entire north without find a good hunt... I'm almost just gathering items because it's impossible to find a hunt.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #7: August 12, 2014, 03:11:13 AM »
As it seems, I'm facing the same problem in Beluaterra with my Adv. I traveled the entire north without find a good hunt... I'm almost just gathering items because it's impossible to find a hunt.

i did the same, and then finally "went noble". there was just nothing for ages, all over the island