Author Topic: Luria Nova vs The Rest  (Read 31369 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Luria Nova vs The Rest
« Topic Start: August 18, 2014, 02:43:58 AM »
I never claimed great friends - I simply claimed allies. In all honesty an alliance across the sea is quite meaningless due to mechanics anyway - one of the reasons we wanted part of the Isles. Morale is a bitch at that distance. Something your new toy ruler in Asylon, Willhelm, seems to fail to understand yet continues to blather on about non-existent requests for support when they were fighting in the north. A) there were never requests made from Grimrog, at least not since Seoras stepped down as ruler B) morale alone by the time Lurian forces reached them would have caused massive desertion.

Despite a lack of a 'rosy relationship' between the realms, there was little (ie none) effort made to simply ask for land. Only demands, and not even from Barca - only on their behalf. If we really want to talk about "ruler filtered" information, perhaps your puppet Mathias could shed some light in that department. From the quoted inter-league letters he was quite adept at omitting or paraphrasing correspondence between Luria and the league. I lol'd more than once at his paraphrased, or selective quotes to take things out of context, that he sent to D'Hara as a whole. Funnily enough, many of the letter he did that to, were not sent only to him.

The IC hypocrisy is fine IC - It does, however, go a long way to explains a fair bit of irritation, rage, and head-desking from those involved IC. There are a few people that are taking it a bit personally though, and I'm not sure if that's making this more entertaining or not.

An alliance that was signed purely for Aurvandil. You can't rely on diplomatic relations to know where things are going.

Did Mathias paraphrase? Sure, but so what? Even you fail to bring a point about that, as it changes nothing to what was being said. Besides, inter-realm communications among pretty much all non-Luria realms are vast and greatly surpass ruler-to-ruler communications. There are a large number of nobles acting as relays, and a number of guilds for discussions. Was there more being said than what Mathias shared? Sure. But unlike those in Luria, we pretty much all knew what he wasn't "sharing", and simply generally agreed with his emphasis.

D'Hara-Barca relations's have roots that are strong and go way back to Barca's founding. Barca-Luria relations were superficial, recent, and rested mainly on a common objective to destroy Aurvandil, backed up superficially with honeyed words on the ruler-level. The greatest thing Luria did for Barca was wait for their hour of greatest need to break their promise of help to turn on a common ally.

As for Asylon, distance is a poor excuse for inaction. D'Hara always found a way to help those it cared for, when it wasn't fighting for its own survival, regardless of the context and distances. There are more ways to help than merely sending soldiers.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron