Author Topic: Luria Nova vs The Rest  (Read 31470 times)

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Luria Nova vs The Rest
« Reply #15: August 18, 2014, 03:23:29 AM »
I never claimed great friends - I simply claimed allies. In all honesty an alliance across the sea is quite meaningless due to mechanics anyway - one of the reasons we wanted part of the Isles. Morale is a bitch at that distance. Something your new toy ruler in Asylon, Willhelm, seems to fail to understand yet continues to blather on about non-existent requests for support when they were fighting in the north. A) there were never requests made from Grimrog, at least not since Seoras stepped down as ruler
Willhelm wouldn't bring up Luria's consistent inaction if Lurians didn't always pat themselves on the back talking about their endless generosity shown towards Asylon, and Asylon's supposed violation of the alliance. I know for a fact Asylon asked Luria to let them take Poryatown when it was rogue and Luria immediately sent it's own takeover force before Asylon could get to it. Luria also closed its food markets to Asylon, which violated the alliance.

B) morale alone by the time Lurian forces reached them would have caused massive desertion.
You must be joking. Asylon recruited as many troops as they could in Via, and then marched them clear across the continent, fighting monster hordes along the way, then fought a war against 3 enemies, and then marched those same troops south and took over Girich, Mattan Dews, Giask & Grodno. Since then, the distance hasn't stopped Astrum and Swordfell from attacking Asylon twice, nor has it stopped Morek from attacking Luria.