Author Topic: Luria Nova vs The Rest  (Read 31473 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Luria Nova vs The Rest
« Reply #15: August 18, 2014, 03:51:37 AM »
As someone whose main Dwilight character left D'Hara before the currant post-monster war I have to say the current conflict is not surprising in the slightest; indeed what I find surprising is that apparently the Lurians did not expect it.

D'Hara has long hated Luria due to the constant Lurian claim on the islands, and anyone with any awareness of the Veinsoormoot should not be surprised that Barca chose to support their longest standing Federated allies over Luria. Perhaps there were "peace efforts" being made by Luria shortly before the current conflict (my character had left D'Hara by then), but at least judging by the level of anti-Lurian sentiment while I was there, the Lurians could only have been deluding themselves if they truly believed that no one was going to remember their previous invasion attempts.
The Barcan migration simply allowed D'Hara to extract the revenge they had long desired by utilising their oldest allies against their oldest enemies- perhaps from the Lurian perspective that might seem vindictive, but I can't understand how it can be labelled surprising or hypocritical considering the history.

I can't speak for Fissoa but they have had a history of attempting to resist Lurian domination so its not surprising they jumped on the bandwagon. And as for Morek: you might of have perceived the attack on Morek as merely "helping your allies" but Morek at the time saw it as nothing short of betrayal (at least that was certainly the impression that I got in SA at the time), and as with D'Hara you can't expect characters to just forget old grudges because you don't think its a big deal.

It is no surprise that Fissoa may want some payback against Luria, what with the failed attempts a couple of times to force Fissoa to join the Lurian Empire via war.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.