Author Topic: Luria Nova vs The Rest  (Read 31492 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Luria Nova vs The Rest
« Reply #15: August 18, 2014, 08:00:43 AM »
So while I can see the frustration with the way war decs have happened and the bizarreness of it, I'm with fluegs. This is great. Luria has an involved player base in a great defensive geographic position against distant enemies. I'm sure we'll be fine and its turning out to be a great story along the way. But just to point out a few things that might've been overlooked.

Chenier - you said Cybergenesis was not the leader of Luria. Well, he currently plays Emperor Sholan and was a duke (rp king) previous to that, so was quite in the loop throughout Seoras's reign (who has obviously continued to keep him in the loop) and Alice's before that as one of her favored nobles.

When the monster situation began, Seoras reached out to Grimrog to offer help. Grimrog wanted to assimilate into Luria. Seoras poked at why not keep Asylon alive, but Grimrog insisted on joining Luria to help their war, then colonize elsewhere, possibly as part of that war. Some time later it was noticed Asylon was conquering Corsanctum, so we reached out again to see hwo things were going, and rejoicing at Asylon surviving as a realm. Later, Astrum vs Asylon happened, reached out, and Grimrog said it would be too late for anything we could offer (soldiers, gold, food etc.).

Then Mattan Dews and Girich were taken, to which Seoras inquired what Grimrog desired and glad that they might survive. Seoras later learned from other asylonians that Grimrog intended these regions to join Luria and help in their war effort like he earlier wanted; but the ones doign the takeover apparently thought Luria was intentionally fencing them in by taking Poryatown/Poryatu (see below). Unfortunately, Grimrog was busy at work (got an ooc reply) and then disappeared. I recall some other nobility wrote people in the regions at the time, but we didn't hear any response until around Giask being taken. Seoras has shared the IC parts of this story several times with Asylonians, including King Wilhelm and Glaumring, so its not like it shouldn't be known.

Independently to this, another character in Luria was spurring an effort to restore Poryatu/Poryatown to get more gold and recruits for the war to the south.