Author Topic: Luria Nova vs The Rest  (Read 31483 times)

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
Re: Luria Nova vs The Rest
« Reply #45: August 22, 2014, 11:11:57 AM »
It'd be ironic if the death of Jonsu was what brought all these warring states together in a moment of peace.

To, you know, celebrate.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: August 22, 2014, 11:01:58 PM »
I hope nobody ordered a cake.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Mac Tir

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: August 23, 2014, 04:28:28 AM »
I think too many players seriously underestimate the value of carts. You pay for them once (unless you lose so many men you can't keep them all) and they do wonders for travel with many wounded. When its winter and you have wounded men, carts can be a lifesaver.

That's my point though, I've either had it where I've sustained barely any casualties to make it worth it, or I experience a total unit wipe and can't make use of them. Will they shorten travel times without wounded at all? If so then they might be worthwhile. Currently the carts are coded as being pulled along by your unit right? Maybe if they are changed so as to not require the men to pull them (pulled by horse, etc), but increase the rate of consumption of food rations, they might be more worthwhile?

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: September 05, 2014, 06:58:34 AM »
This seems somewhat appropriate:
http://youtu.be/nrn9_RXwqa4

Thehatter

« Reply #49: September 06, 2014, 03:16:56 AM »
The cake is a lie.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: September 06, 2014, 12:13:14 PM »
Giask has been retaken! But Fissoa has had a good time raiding through some of our lands... oh well.

Stabbity, I also hear Jonsu has a gift waiting for her smack-dab in the middle of Askileon. Always welcome to come and pick it up.  ;)
Ardet nec consumitur.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: September 06, 2014, 01:28:46 PM »
Oh, she's planning on it. She just has to make sure she has a reasonable gift to give in return.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: September 30, 2014, 02:55:03 AM »
A new challenger to Luria Nova approaches!  :D

Astrum has finally decided to declare war.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: September 30, 2014, 05:34:06 AM »
Surprise surprise... ::)

Im currently wounded because of some SA followers attacked me.   :'(
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: September 30, 2014, 09:26:13 AM »
While the war is interesting (there's never a lack of things to do), it's amusing that LN + Asylonian remanent is winning (kind of). Astrum joining it really isn't a bother. I have no idea what LN's diplomatic stance was in the lead-up to Everyone vs Luria, but it does point out how hopeless every other nation is in character, communication and strategy, simply due to the fact that Luria is doing quite well still. Any other realm wouldn't exist any more.

Hell, if they had even one reliable ally, they'd wipe the entire eastern continent of enemies if they wanted. You have to respect a cohesive war machine like that, but one with plenty of actual characters and RPing as well.

Fickle in personality and immensely mutable in make-up, but an amazingly strong realm to its core. Got screwed over more than any other realm after the loss of the west, but there's a reason why even defeated enemies flock to its banner.

Moderator note: gratuitous vulgarity removed.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 02:43:11 PM by Indirik »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: September 30, 2014, 06:02:28 PM »
While the war is interesting (there's never a lack of things to do), it's amusing that LN + Asylonian remanent is winning (kind of). Astrum joining it really isn't a bother. I have no idea what LN's diplomatic stance was in the lead-up to Everyone vs Luria, but it does point out how hopeless every other nation is in character, communication and strategy, simply due to the fact that Luria is doing quite well still. Any other realm wouldn't exist any more.

Hell, if they had even one reliable ally, they'd wipe the entire eastern continent of enemies if they wanted. You have to respect a cohesive war machine like that, but one with plenty of actual characters and RPing as well.

Fickle in personality and immensely mutable in make-up, but an amazingly strong realm to its core. Got screwed over more than any other realm after the loss of the west, but there's a reason why even defeated enemies flock to its banner.

Moderator note: gratuitous vulgarity removed.

Luria has a huge noble count advantage and its core regions are close to each other, it's very easy to defend. It has the sea to the East, Swordfell to the North, and the long travel times of the deserts West and South. It's pretty easy to look badass when having the home ground advantage.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: September 30, 2014, 08:06:43 PM »
And that is why you should never invade Luria.  ;)

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: September 30, 2014, 09:01:22 PM »
Looking at the current geopolitical situation, I'm tempted to say that LN is the equivalent of medieval France IRL with D'Hara playing the part of England, Barca playing the part of Savoy, Fissoa playing the part of Spain and Swordfell playing the part of a cross between Switzerland and Italy.

E.g. LN is the powerhouse in terms of cohesive territory, wealth and population but therefore likely to have to spend a lot of time fighting its neighbours to retain that position.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: October 01, 2014, 12:31:06 AM »
And that is why you should never invade Luria.  ;)

Hey, we are just pushing them back. They started this, not us. Nobody forced them to try to wipe out D'Hara when we were starving and Aurvandil had taken almost everything from us.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: October 01, 2014, 12:54:12 AM »
Hey, we are just pushing them back. They started this, not us. Nobody forced them to try to wipe out D'Hara when we were starving and Aurvandil had taken almost everything from us.

But attacking a long time foe when they are weak is just common sense. Of course Luria found the same thing that the league now finds, long distance war is damn hard to make anything stick.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.