Author Topic: Luria Nova vs The Rest  (Read 31475 times)

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
Re: Luria Nova vs The Rest
« Reply #75: October 09, 2014, 02:51:14 PM »
I think southern Morek would look very good as New Asylon...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: October 09, 2014, 02:52:20 PM »
NeoAsylon!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: October 09, 2014, 05:41:32 PM »
Gross... I never really liked the name 'Asylon' I would prefer something more gluttural and dark compared to a airy-fairy knights in white satin name. A name like 'Kulgothlolthhukgraaaah' is more interesting than 'Asylon' if I ever managed to found a new kingdom the name will be 'Raaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!' ;P
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: October 10, 2014, 08:56:33 AM »
I've always thought "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" has a nice ring to it.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: October 10, 2014, 04:59:14 PM »
Tuchannon X anyone?

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: October 10, 2014, 07:09:50 PM »
"I can't believe it's not Asylon"

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: October 11, 2014, 03:28:09 PM »
I used to put "Akkar" as name for some fictional "places" in my writings. Mainly because of the sound in a battle cry.

It's nothing like 'Kulgothlolthhukgraaaah'... but by the hell, I can't even pronounce this thing!  :(
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: October 11, 2014, 05:15:14 PM »
Asylon kind of reminds me of Aquilon. Which both sounds better and has some neat connotations.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: October 12, 2014, 09:49:38 AM »
So the Rest defeated Luria Nova in Shinnen Purlieus. It feels like Astrum suddenly makes the difference (congratulations), and now finally there is some challenge in this war again (from a Lurian perspective). Now the only thing missing is Swordfell picking a side, and we'll have a good old-fashioned world war.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: October 12, 2014, 04:49:30 PM »
Swordfell will choose the 'rests' side.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: October 12, 2014, 10:49:32 PM »
Or they are just waiting to see which way the wind will eventually blow before committing.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: October 13, 2014, 03:48:03 AM »
Can't blame them. If SF starts hostilities now and Luria and the League strike a truce any time soon, they're pretty much screwed, given the difference in nobles count.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: October 13, 2014, 03:22:43 PM »
Can't blame them. If SF starts hostilities now and Luria and the League strike a truce any time soon, they're pretty much screwed, given the difference in nobles count.

If SF declares war on the League, they'll become a much easier target for Morek and Astrum than Luria is. Even D'Hara could strike at them easy.

The way I see it, if they do that, they will die, Barca will die by the distraction they create, Luria would grow a bit, and then we'd be back to the old war.

Balance's Retreat could make for a new Barca, though...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: October 17, 2014, 11:15:10 PM »
Duel   (16 hours, 57 minutes ago)
Menelaus Raghnall, High Inquisitor of Morek Empire, Duke of Muspelheim, Margrave of Muspelheim, Marshal of the Holy Inquisition meets his challenger Kamron Lorganson, Duke of Earth's Hall, Margrave of Poryatu for the agreed duel till death.
Kamron has decided to use the 'neutral' strategy while Menelaus has chosen the 'defensive' strategy, giving Kamron the advantage.
The duel goes as planned, then badly for Menelaus. He suffers several slight wounds, then a final, fatal blow. The healers hurry, but they are too late.

There was a lot on the line in this duel, but in the end Trabiccola's execution was avenged.

Kudos to Matt, player of Menelaus for accepting. Too often duel challenges are discarded for fear of losing a power position but being both in one (though his was arguably better :P), I think this was one of the more exciting duels I've witnessed. Probably because I took part in it myself though... :)

Menelaus

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: October 18, 2014, 12:01:33 AM »
There was a lot on the line in this duel, but in the end Trabiccola's execution was avenged.

Kudos to Matt, player of Menelaus for accepting. Too often duel challenges are discarded for fear of losing a power position but being both in one (though his was arguably better :P), I think this was one of the more exciting duels I've witnessed. Probably because I took part in it myself though... :)

It was a bit disappointing to wake up this morning to see that my character had died from the duel but hey, there was always a chance of that outcome when it is to the death.  And while I admit that I was hesitant to accept, I'm glad that I did for it was still fun to do.  Thanks for the challenge!