Author Topic: Army Assignments and Taking Estates  (Read 1243 times)

Eirikr

Army Assignments and Taking Estates
« Topic Start: August 28, 2014, 06:53:57 AM »
So I haven't had a character get shaken up as often as my War Islands character in a long time... He had an army assignment and an estate, lost his estate due to the lord defecting. Obviously, I lost my army assignment as well. As soon as I rejoined Sandalak, I joined my army again. Now I finally got a new estate and stopped getting orders... until I finally realized I wasn't in the army anymore and had no option to assign myself again.

My two questions are as follows:
  • Is losing my assignment an intended behavior or a bug? It seems strange that I'd lose my army assignment upon getting an estate, unless the lord changes it.
  • Are knights to a lord supposed to have the option to change their assignment? I would expect that the lord can make the assignment, but it's the knight's choice where he serves. (Of course, this could have consequences, but that's another discussion.)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Army Assignments and Taking Estates
« Reply #1: August 28, 2014, 01:46:41 PM »
  • Is losing my assignment an intended behavior or a bug? It seems strange that I'd lose my army assignment upon getting an estate, unless the lord changes it.
  • Are knights to a lord supposed to have the option to change their assignment? I would expect that the lord can make the assignment, but it's the knight's choice where he serves. (Of course, this could have consequences, but that's another discussion.)

(1) is a bug. Please report that, and we'll look into it when we have time.

(2) is intentional. Once you are sworn to a liege lord, you are no longer free to serve where you choose.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eirikr

Re: Army Assignments and Taking Estates
« Reply #2: August 28, 2014, 06:33:14 PM »
Awesome, two-for-two gut instincts! (I framed #2 the way I did because others had mentioned it should have been available, and I could see an argument for that.)

I'll get the bug report up as soon as I can.