Author Topic: Knight/Region Density/Efficiency  (Read 22162 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Knight/Region Density/Efficiency
« Reply #60: August 24, 2014, 09:25:28 AM »
From Thulsoma to Asylon it has always been my goal to involve as many people in the leadership and councils of my realm as possible and thats why they have always been successful, we have always had fluid councils and probably more kings and Queens than any other realms but that is because it was always known that the mantle of leadership was meant to be passed on and that divisions and chaos were to be cultivated where almost all the realms in Dwilight cultivate stability and unity, where Asylon created unity out of chaos.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: August 25, 2014, 12:48:16 AM »
No, probably not. The problem is like Art - you know it when you see it.

In a different thread I will suggest some other ways of dealing with it, but one thing is for sure - there is little point in all the other code fixes if we are allowing realms to be run in a way that discourages players from sticking around.

So the problem is subjective and two rational people looking at the same thing will come up with two entirely different determinations?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: January 08, 2015, 05:56:16 AM »
DateNoblesRegionsDensity
5 May 20133832381.61
1 March 20142811332.11
16 August 20142051331.54
1 January 20151751331.32

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: January 08, 2015, 06:09:08 AM »
DateNoblesRegionsDensity
5 May 20133832381.61
1 March 20142811332.11
16 August 20142051331.54
1 January 20151751331.32

Where do you get 133 regions from? Shouldn't it be 125? (or 124, I don't recall when Smokey Hills was recovered from the Rogues).

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: January 08, 2015, 06:24:26 AM »
Where do you get 133 regions from? Shouldn't it be 125? (or 124, I don't recall when Smokey Hills was recovered from the Rogues).
Just from my own counting. Here's a spreadsheet that I used: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B85AasBw9ZoxYndMVXpUOWMwdWc/view?usp=sharing

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: January 08, 2015, 07:37:09 AM »
Jorradith & Aquitain got mis-marked as east on your spreadsheet.

The two islands (Dizeddo, Libiddo, Libidizedd) & (Valkyrja, Yggdramir) should also be marked as west since they have been rogue since the invasion. I don't know 100% if the Dev's consider them as part of the west, but my impression is that attempts to recover them have failed.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: January 08, 2015, 05:33:51 PM »
Jorradith & Aquitain got mis-marked as east on your spreadsheet.

The two islands (Dizeddo, Libiddo, Libidizedd) & (Valkyrja, Yggdramir) should also be marked as west since they have been rogue since the invasion. I don't know 100% if the Dev's consider them as part of the west, but my impression is that attempts to recover them have failed.

Either way the density has gone down.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: January 08, 2015, 06:42:08 PM »
So, what's the point here? I don't think anyone had argued that overall, density everywhere is going up. We know players are still leaving, and that, in general, realms have less overall players than they had.

What are you trying to point out by posting all this? If this becomes another "look, i was right, you guys suck" thread, then look forward to getting this locked pretty quick.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: January 08, 2015, 06:43:47 PM »
So, what's the point here? I don't think anyone had argued that overall, density everywhere is going up. We know players are still leaving, and that, in general, realms have less overall players than they had.

What are you trying to point out by posting all this? If this becomes another "look, i was right, you guys suck" thread, then look forward to getting this locked pretty quick.

But I still don't remember anyone saying more knights did not provide more total wealth, nor wealth per % of esate size, both of which seem pretty obvious. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: January 08, 2015, 07:18:43 PM »

Someone is quick to overreact. All I was saying that the number of regions may have been miscounted, but because he used the same number for each comparison over time (save the first one), outcome was relatively the same. Besides that, this thread has been here for a while... why are you freaking out now? you're acting like this thread is a surprise.

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: January 08, 2015, 07:22:54 PM »
I think a big challenge is the conflicting messages we send players.

1. If you are ruler, duke or lord, you must own that position. Just as a real noble would never happily give up power, neither should you.

2. Don't hold on to those fun positions like ruler, duke and lord. It ruins the fun for others when you cling to power like that!

I would rather there be a mechanic that ensures positions are not held by the same guy forever while allowing him to realisticly cling to his power. The only thing I can think of is mortality but my impression is that most players don't like that idea.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: January 08, 2015, 07:24:43 PM »
I think a big challenge is the conflicting messages we send players.

1. If you are ruler, duke or lord, you must own that position. Just as a real noble would never happily give up power, neither should you.

2. Don't hold on to those fun positions like ruler, duke and lord. It ruins the fun for others when you cling to power like that!

I would rather there be a mechanic that ensures positions are not held by the same guy forever while allowing him to realisticly cling to his power. The only thing I can think of is mortality but my impression is that most players don't like that idea.

Oh, I know.

My ideal would be a family system not tied to player accounts, so that one player could play the heir of another. Then you could have actual inheritance of positions, without the problem of it locking up a position for a single player forever.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: January 08, 2015, 07:36:01 PM »
Oh, I know.

My ideal would be a family system not tied to player accounts, so that one player could play the heir of another. Then you could have actual inheritance of positions, without the problem of it locking up a position for a single player forever.

Cue ramblings of OOC nepotism :P