Author Topic: A Pony for the King  (Read 1792 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
A Pony for the King
« Topic Start: September 11, 2014, 06:34:27 PM »
As part of Antonine Octavius' election campaign he promised to deliver a pony to every noble in Eponllyn if he won. When the election was over, he immediately delivered the promised ponies to the entire realm.

Roleplay from Garin Indirik
Message sent to everyone in your realm (27 recipients)
"A pony? What am I supposed to do with a pony?"

"I'm not sure, Your Highness. The Royal Treasurer did not specify as to what anyone should do with their pony. I was told only to deliver  it."

Garin looked over the little pony. It was a mare. Immaculately groomed, though of an odd coloration he had never seen before. It was mostly grey, but with a tan, almost yellowish, mane and tail. Its eyes were a honey-colored amber. On its hindquarters was a peculiar marking of seven spots.

"What is her name?"

"Your Highness, I am told that her name is Derpy."

"Derpy?"

"Yes, Your Highness."

"Derpy..."

The clerk nodded solemnly.

"Take it to the stables. I'll figure out what to do with it later."

The clerk nodded, then led the pony away to the stables.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: A Pony for the King
« Reply #1: September 16, 2014, 11:01:48 PM »
Roleplay from Garin Indirik
Message sent to everyone in your realm (25 recipients)
Garin slowly, and painfully, returned to consciousness. He tried to avoid the pain by fleeing back into the black oblivion of unconsciousness, but something kept bringing him back. Something soft, warm, and ... wet. He slowly opened his eyes to see what was annoying him, and try to make it stop.

It took a while for his eyes to focus once again. There was something in front of his face. Touching his face. Blowing warm, damp air on him.

Garin lifted his arm slowly, and pushed it away. He finally managed to get a good look at it. It looked familiar. Grey and yellow fur.

"D-Derpy ...? What ..." He couldn't quite understand what was going on. The last thing he remembered was the chaos and confusion of the battlefield, breaking through the enemy infantry lines onto the open field behind, and then a veritable storm of arrows cutting down his men, piercing his armor. Now here he was, flat on his back, with a pony nuzzling his face.

A surprised and indignant voice cut through his thoughts. "What is that pony doing in here? Get it out of here, now!"

The pony's face was replaced with that of a healer. He looked embarrassed and flustered.

"Your Highness, I apologize. I don't know how that pony got in here. She has a habit of just showing up without anyone seeing her come in. Why, in the last two days we've sent her back to the stables no less than three times. I am so sorry. Please, rest now. I'll have food brought immediately."

Garin laid his head back down on the pillow and closed his eyes. He heard the healer hurrying away and calling for broth and bread. As he fell asleep again, he could swear that he felt that pony's warm, soft nose on his cheek again.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.